Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
The Corporate Communications Manager will be responsible for building proactive and reactive narratives to support our business and highlight our unique culture. You’ll work closely with our policy and legal teams to develop messaging and strategic plans to help build our brand reputation and maintain trust with our community, and will support the communications team in crisis and issues management. You’ll take the lead on telling stories that highlight our culture and workplace initiatives, working closely with partners across HR, recruiting, and employer brand.
The ideal candidate has great instincts and is comfortable working with media, under pressure, and on tight deadlines. You are self-directed, passionate, and positive. You have the uncanny ability to spot issues before they happen, can quickly and easily build trusted relationships with stakeholders, and think and work cross-functionally, and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Develop and execute strategic plans and tell proactive stories to help build Twitch’s brand
- Design and manage an external communications strategy around Twitch’s culture and people
- Help develop proactive and reactive communications plans and campaigns around safety and policy issues
- Build and maintain relationships with key tech and business reporters
- Act as a trusted, strategic thought partner to peers and executives
- Develop and support strategic speaking opportunities for company executives
- Craft the foundational materials needed to deliver compelling, consistent narratives
- Help to manage company response for crisis and emerging issues, working across Twitch to craft messaging and respond quickly and effectively
- Collaborate with US and global agency partners
- 5+ years of experience in public relations or journalism, including experience working in-house
- Strong, established relationships with a broad range of media and outlets
- Experience collaborating with PR agencies or teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and comfort acting as a company spokesperson
- Ability to exercise sound business judgment in fast-paced, changing, and sometimes ambiguous situations and environments
- Enthusiasm for Twitch and our community
- Experience at a high-growth technology company or startup; super bonus for experience with tech and safety policy
- Experience supporting large-scale company events
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.