Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
As Group Creative Director, you are a visionary creative leader that brings integrated campaign expertise, inspiration and thought leadership to all creative disciplines. You think strategically and holistically about brand experience. You are a proven innovator who thrives on delivering elegant and succinct creative solutions to complex briefs. You will be responsible for leading creative strategy and development of Twitch’s digital marketing campaigns.
You are a seasoned and awarded integrated Creative Director who works collaboratively, and thinks conceptually and strategically about campaigns, branding and design. You have a passion for continually exploring the edges of brand expression to memorably impact culture.
You have a strong background in conceptual creative development and copywriting, embrace an exceptionally high standard of brand design, and provide a holistic vision for Twitch’s integrated approach to campaign creation.
You will work collaboratively across brand, product, content and marketing teams through a variety of media while also managing and growing your team.
- Oversee the creative strategy and creative direction of brand, product and content marketing campaigns.
- Lead development of Twitch Creative practice, with a strong focus on integrated campaign development and copywriting.
- Develop original, breakthrough creative for a variety of marketing and brand experience touch-points.
- Work cross-functionally, balancing the needs of stakeholders and able to break down complex narratives into simple, compelling ideas.
- Empower, inspire, and energize a world-class creative team through developing programs and forums for mentorship and thought leadership.
- Manage a team of designers, art directors, and writers.
- Work alongside Creative Director, Brand in pushing creative expression of the brand to new levels of excellence.
- Report directly to Executive Creative Director.
- Source and hire best-in-breed creative talent
- 8+ years of proven success as a creative leader, with at least 5 years of agency experience.
- Strong, proven leadership skills and highly developed interpersonal skills to lead and manage a team.
- Energetic and infectious leadership in a fast paced environment. Interacts well with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Passion for content creation specific for new media, video content, social content and paid advertising campaigns.
- Strong writing and design/art direction background.
- Experience concepting and managing film productions and photo shoots on tight deadlines.
- Engages in all content, and is able to present design vision and philosophy.
- Thinks digitally first.
- Familiar with mobile gaming related advertising, including but not limited to Appstore creatives/Facebook Creatives/Youtube pre-roll creatives/TVC/etc.
- Ability to think clearly and contribute to editorial discussions and strategy during the entire design process, from concept through completion.
- Fluent working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, sketch, Invision, Keynote
- Experience working in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Detail oriented, and able to juggle multiple tasks and conflicting deadlines at once.
- Phenomenal brand development to delight customers
- On time and on budget delivery of all major design, marketing projects
- Retention and job satisfaction of team members
- Must have experience in building an in-house creative team
- You are Twitch user yourself
- Familiarity with Twitch community and gaming space
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.