Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch enables content creators to live-stream content to their communities across the globe. Advertising is a core part of Twitch and spans across many product areas. We take pride in our mission to help creators earn a living by entertaining and educating their viewers. On the Ad Products team you’ll work with a talented, passionate, and customer obsessed team. We have a growing team comprised of product and engineering professionals based in downtown San Francisco.
Twitch is seeking backend engineers with the curiosity, drive, and ingenuity to develop features and APIs that run the advertising business. Our products range from innovative ad technologies, to shared, real-time experiences unique to Twitch. The ideal contributor should have experience building, maintaining, and continuously delivering high quality production web services in an SOA environment. They will also be expected to work in a collaborative environment, able to interact with internal tech and business teams, external integration partners, and end users.
This is a great opportunity to have an impact on your favorite creators at one of the fastest growing tech and entertainment products in the world.
- Develop and deliver new ad product services and features
- Improve existing ad APIs and services, with a heavy focus on scale and availability
- Improve engineering processes and tools to increase team effectiveness
- Work across both technical and business focused teams to deliver value to our creators
- Lead and mentor junior engineers on projects
- 4+ years of professional experience developing distributed or high-volume services
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science/Engineering or prior engineering experience
- Proficient coder in one or more of the following: Go, Java, C++, or similar languages
- Experience developing web applications and their backend APIs
- Superb communication skills are required--you must be able to explain things to both business and technical audiences
- Familiarity in the AWS ecosystem of services (EC2, RDS, ElastiCache, Dynamo, Lambda, CloudWatch)
- Experience building or consuming GraphQL APIs
- Experience deploying Docker containers to production
- Experience with ad technologies and platforms: Google IMA SDK, DoubleClick API, Amazon Ad Exchange
- User or streamer on Twitch
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.