Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment, and video is at the very core of that vision. Twitch’s Video Playback Engineering team is looking for experienced Video engineers to help build a cross-platform video playback solution that will support web, mobile, and other platforms. As a senior video engineer in the Video Playback Team, you will be helping shape the future of the Twitch playback experience used by millions of users across various web browsers, mobile devices, gaming consoles, and more.
If you are passionate about media, streaming, or obsessed about performance and want to participate in creating the best video playback system out there, then this position is for you. You will work with an extremely talented and accomplished team in the video space and will be building a major component of a video pipeline that scales to the highest live video traffic currently. You will gain an in-depth knowledge on a highly scalable, end to end live video streaming platform.
- Your primary responsibility would be to develop our next generation WebRTC-based video player SDK. This is a unique opportunity to join at an early stage in a product that would be defining Twitch competitive edge in live low latency broadcast market for a conceivable future
- Work with engineering stakeholders and Product to design APIs that define our next generation initiative
- Collaborate with backend video teams like ingest, transcode, replication, and mapping teams to improve the video playback experience
- Add reliable cross-platform unit, integration, and e2e tests
- Write and contribute to technical documents like project proposals and architecture overviews
- Keep abreast of current technologies and recent developments in C++ and media technologies
- BS or MS or PhD in Computer Science
- 10+ years of professional software development or equivalent expertise
- This person needs to be a C++ ninja who has acquired advanced C++ knowledge , preferably modern C++
- Expertise in Data Structure/Algorithms, MultiThreading architecture. Should have past experience working or building C/C++ based SDKs or libraries
- Strong Communication Protocol skills in one or more of these protocols SIP, SDP, RTP, RTCP, SRTP, RTSP, STUN/TURN, ICE, SCTP, Media Server/Call Processing
- Direct experience working with WebRTC or a comparable media stack
- Knowledge of video and audio codecs
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced knowledge and experience working with Video Codec and compression standards (H.264, MPEG, etc)
- Hands-on experience with HLS or DASH streaming protocol
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.