Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch Advertising Sales is a global organization dedicated to providing major brand partners with compelling and effective customized media, sponsorship and event programs. The global sales organization is comprised of business leaders, sellers, creative teams, engineers and product managers located globally across the US, EMEA and APAC regions (cities including San Francisco, Chicago, New York, London, Hamburg, Sweden, Japan and several others). This role will focus on preparing daily, weekly and monthly reporting for the sales organization. The role will assist with driving revenue-generating projects, conducting opportunity assessments, and helping to shape overall sales strategy and prioritization. During a typical week this role can expect to utilize multiple data systems to compile data sets, review data, uncover insights about the business, and present findings and proposals to management. The role will also be responsible for managing operational tasks and resolving business-related matters on an ongoing basis.
The ideal candidate will feel equally comfortable heads-down in data and leading projects to completion, and will thrive in an environment of rapid context-switching. In this role, you will work cross-functionally across the entire organization including Partnerships, Content, Marketing, Ad Product, Engineering, Finance and Legal to develop and understand deep knowledge of Twitch’s business. You will translate this knowledge into building key parts of the Advertising Sales organization. Current and ongoing work spans the following areas: sales strategy, strategic planning, operations, process creation, process improvement, international expansion strategy, as well as internal and ad hoc reporting. As one of the first key hires to support a growing senior business team within sales, you will be playing a key role in shaping the way the global organization reports on activities and ultimately grows its business.
- Administer Salesforce.com data work including opportunity management and detailed analytics; continue building out and reporting on data for various stakeholders; support sales operations team with territory assignments, quota setting, commissions calculations and adjustments; ensure high data quality standards for Salesforce.com.
- Assist with co-authoring highly visible and extremely important business reporting to senior management.
- Work closely with team and management to identify systems, data or process needs that can drive revenue growth; draft and maintain detailed documentation of policies and processes; streamline sales processes.
- Drive performance improvements across the sales organization and build the foundation for it to scale. This will include building and executing go-to-market playbooks, revenue optimization strategic initiatives to enhance productivity, process redesign, product roadmap and launches, resource allocation and pipeline analytics.
- Self-motivated, highly analytical, data-driven, and has exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Deep experience in financial modelling, data analysis, and the ability to see beyond the numbers to drive sound decision-making
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Sales, Sales Operations, Sales Strategy, Consulting, Professional Services, Planning, Analytics or related field
- Experience working in high-growth, performance-focused environments
- Experience with Salesforce.com, specifically around reporting, Salesforce Einstein and Salesforce Analytics
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Expert in Excel, PowerPoint, G Suite
- Understanding of financial concepts, including financial statements (namely the P&L or Income Statement)
- Expertise working with large datasets and digging through data
- Background in consulting, finance, investment banking, project management
- Advertising / Media / agency experience is a plus
- You are a gamer; you understand the gaming world; you are a streamer/partner; you love Twitch; you know the Twitch product
- Naturally curious – You’re always looking for ways to innovate and improve the status quo
- Bias towards action – You take initiative and feel compelled to add value
- Builder mentality – You do not shy away from raising your hand for projects; you love to build
- Gritty – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast & Lunch Served Daily
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.