Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. Recommendations, matching viewers with live content they greatly enjoy, is core to that vision. As a backend software engineer on Twitch Recommendations Team, you will help design, prototype and implement systems which enable users to discover personalized content. To solve this broad problem, you may use deep learning (DL), data from live video using computer vision (CV), or chat using natural language processing (NLP). By improving Twitch’s recommendation products, you will help Twitch’s viewers have a great experience, and Twitch’s broadcasters find more passionate fans.
At Twitch, a subsidiary of Amazon, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment in the heart of San Francisco, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.
- Work on a large-scale recommendation system, consisting of deep learning training pipeline, serving infrastructure, and feature processing / storage.
- Develop capacity and monitoring plans for the services you write
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment)
- Collaborate with applied scientists and other engineers across the company
- Experience being a leader on a team that delivered at least one product with demonstrated business impact
- Experience in large-scale software projects
- Distributed architecture skills
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Ability to learn new languages (we mainly use Go and Python) and technologies quickly
- Interest in machine learning
- A Bachelors or preferably Masters degree in Computer Science, or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- You know Go and have used it in production-ready systems.
- Start-up experience
- Contributions to open source software projects. Send us a link to your contributions.
- Data pipeline experience
- Background working with machine learning systems
- Background in recommendation systems.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.