Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Keep an eye on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch Developer Experience is changing the way we watch and play video games. Our developers use our products every day to build the future of live, multiplayer entertainment. E.g., Twitch Extensions allow viewers to lean-in and be a part of the show -- providing information about the game (what character is on screen?); voting for the next segment (what game should I play next?); or, helping viewers interact the game itself (please drop me loot!).
We’re looking for an engineering manager to help us build the services that grow the frontier of playing and watching games, blurring the lines between. You’ll work across the entire company and with your team to create features that delight our customers. Reporting to a Senior Engineering Manager, you’ll act in both supportive and leadership roles.
You’ll partner with product as they connect our customer’s needs to features. You’ll then design and scale systems, and people to exceed them. Developer Experience is a unique organization within Twitch that serves businesses and consumers, and considering scalability of solutions and processes is essential to success.
You will work with the individual contributors on your team, and data science, product management across all of Twitch, product marketing, and leadership to achieve well-engineered products that delight customers and meet the test of engineering craftsmanship. You will also bring experience to refine development processes and motivate top talent to make an impact. Together with third-party developers, you’ll bring never been before seen interactions to life that reach millions of users a day.
- Manage an engineering team of 3+ engineers that grows services for Twitch’s developer products.
- Create scalable systems to stay ahead of the exponentially growing demand from our customers
- Influence and establish best engineering practices through operational excellence principles, architectural decisions and processes
- Manage collaboration with diverse Engineering teams to improve the developer experience at Twitch
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a closely related field or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of experience in technical leadership and people management
- 3+ years of software development experience building web-based scalable services
- Experience architecting applications or web services at scale
- Passion for operational excellence and continuous process improvement
- Familiarity with the AWS ecosystem
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities and Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.