Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment, and our video delivery service is at the core of that vision. Ensuring smooth, low-latency video across the world requires large-scale, fault-tolerant systems that can keep up with millions of simultaneous viewers and thousands of broadcasters. We are looking for engineers who are excited by the thought of working across the entire CDN stack, from service load-balancing, to performance optimization, to backbone traffic management. You will help architect, develop, test, deploy, operate, and maintain our video software software. As part of the team, we will work together to enable our broadcasters and viewers to create and interact in new, innovative ways.
- Design and implement video processing blocks and integrate them within the transcoder engine
- Evaluate and compare video transcoding solution and drive integration of third party transcoding solution
- Define and coordinate API and functional changes between video processing systems and ensure full implementation and deployment
- Help define the future of the Twitch video stack
- Collaborate across the company to define, design, build and improve critical video systems
- Experience with video codecs (H.264, HEVC, VP9 and AV1) and video encoding technologies and end to end solutions
- Experience with video filters, processing and analysis algorithms
- Experience with video quality analysis and assessments
- Experience with video delivery: Broadcast, OTT, etc
- Excellent Software development skills, C/C++, Pythons, Scripting etc
- Excellent communicator and team player.
- A Bachelor, or preferably Master or PhD, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Contributions to open source software projects
- Familiar with video processing framework: ffmpeg and open source video encoders: X264
- Experience with Video codec standardization procedures (Mpeg),
- Interested in research in video related technologies
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.