Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch is seeking an experienced Data Analyst to be part of a small but nimble core team focused on influencing decisions through actionable insights for the marketing team.
Data is central to Twitch’s decision-making process, and analysts are a critical component to evangelize data-driven decision making in all of our operations. As a Data Analyst in Marketing at Twitch, you will be in on the ground floor with the marketing team, shaping the way performance is measured, defining what questions should be asked, and scaling analytics methods and tools to support our growing business. Additionally, you will play a key role in supporting the vision for marketing analytics, solutions architecture for data related marketing constructs, as well as tactical execution such as campaign performance reporting. Ultimately, you are paving the way for high quality, high velocity decision making in support of large scale growth.
For this role, we're looking for an experienced data analyst with experience doing multi-touch attribution and media mix modeling who will be working cross functionally with the go-to-market functions, including growth marketing, product marketing, content marketing, events, and brand. You will be responsible for driving insights to inform our channel investments (both on-platform and off-platform) as well as provide guidance on success/failure metrics.
- Drive thought leadership around how to use our data to effectively create, optimize and analyze marketing campaigns that use a multitude of channels
- Perform deep analysis to measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns against every stage of the marketing funnel,
- Conduct analysis to optimize marketing spend across various channels to help identify the most effective acquisition strategies,
- Build robust dashboards and other self service analytics assets to enable stakeholders to make decisions based on actionable insights
- Be the point of contact for data needs including communications and expectation management with marketing stakeholders,
- Maintain a culture of high quality output and exceptional customer service: effectively communicate at all levels, ensure that work gets done well and on time, respond effectively to unexpected obstacles and reallocate resources as necessary.
- 3+ years of domain experience in performance and growth marketing with a specific focus on multi-touch attribution modeling, preferably in the consumer internet space or in a high-velocity, high-growth product or business unit
- Expert SQL skills and the ability to wrangle potentially unruly data
- Experience using Tableau or other similar data visualization tool
- Sound business judgment; strategic and analytical capabilities
- Fluency in data analysis and communication around data, including time series analysis, experimentation, data visualization, and defining KPI strategy for your business.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask; ability to adapt to a fast moving environment
- Excellent team player with ability to maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Demonstrated passion for gaming and meda
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in engineering, math, statistics or operations research
- Masters degree preferred but not required
- Experience with event marketing and physical events space in general
- Python, R or other similar statistical tools
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.