Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Have a passion for Incident Management, SRE or Chaos Engineering? Do you like helping people learn how to be graceful under fire? Want to apply your operational experience at scale? Enjoy running cross-functional, company-wide programs? If so, you’d be a great fit for the TPM role in Operational Excellence. The OE organization provides tools, processes and guidance to all of engineering in order to enable higher availability, better resiliency and greater productivity. This role is within the Availability pillar and will drive company-wide execution of key initiatives on a day-to-day basis.
- Own all programs across the Incident Management lifecycle including: incident response best practices, incident commander program, post-mortem improvement program, and incident reporting
- Develop repeatable processes to generate insights from outages
- Create mechanisms and opportunities to apply learnings at scale
- Ensure acute availability risks are addressed in a timely manner
- Partner with key stakeholders to establish a shared vision and drive adoption for availability initiatives
- Develop roadmaps for availability initiatives and communicate progress to our engineering stakeholders, including executives
A perfect fit in this environment requires you to be:
- Adaptable to meet challenging goals in an agile environment
- Self-motivated and proactive to maintain momentum and progress
- A proven collaborator across all disciplines
- Organize and direct our incident management programs across all of Twitch engineering.
- Drive high impact & highly cross-functional initiatives while simultaneously and accurately tracking a set of smaller projects
- Participate in strategic cross-functional planning, by closely partnering with product managers and engineering leads to develop program plans; including roadmap, dependency identification, and resourcing plan
- Establish and drive adoption of program frameworks, tools and best practices by sharing your program management knowledge with engineering leadership teams and leading post program analysis to guide future programs
- Communicate clearly and effectively to executive management on the plans, status and critical issues, while knowing to escalate urgent issues appropriately and driving them to closure in a timely manner
You'll find a Requirements section below. If you meet all these then we strongly encourage you to apply. If you meet some of them but think this role sounds like something you'd be great at, we strongly encourage you to apply. If you meet just one of them but think you bring something unique to the team, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- 5+ years experience as a technical program manager, SRE or DevOps engineer in fast-paced organization
- Experience driving cross-functional or company-wide initiatives
- Demonstrated ability and experience to influence, develop productive working relationships, and lead technical teams and key stakeholders from different business functions.
- Strong technical acumen--actively participate and contribute to technical discussions, proactively identify challenges and risks, working closely with engineers and product manager on addressing challenges, and form mitigation plans
- Demonstrated ability to succeed and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities
- Strong sense of ownership. proactively remove program obstacles, and willingness to go above and beyond to chase down loose ends that lead to successful product delivery
- Focus on results and outcome, not just process--you have experience establishing processes that are appropriate.
- Creative problem solver that proactively takes initiative without asking and is detail and results oriented
- Managed incidents as an incident commander or call leader
- Participated or lead gameday or chaos engineering exercises
- Past professional engineering experience
- Avid user of Twitch and a passion for gaming
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.