Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to excellent esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Keep an eye on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch Commerce is a mission-driven organization that helps creators build communities and earn a living on Twitch through products that provide patronage to creators and recognition to patrons. The scale of users, transactions and social interactions we operate at presents an opportunity to use our data to improve experiences for our creators and patrons, invent new, personalized features, and safeguard our users and product from fraud and abuse.
As an applied scientist on the team, you’ll experiment and build solutions that are unique and outstanding. Twitch’s data is unique-- granular structured event data, graphs of user interactions, and raw live video (CV), and chat (NLP), and using it as a rewarding technical challenge for you, with success leading to immediate impact to millions of creators and viewers.
- Design, prototype and implement Machine Learning (ML) algorithms for commerce-- shipping products to our users to increase creator revenue and support, and keeping bad actors out of our ecosystem.
- Develop the production data pipelines and ML pipelines on which those algorithms operate
- Collaborate with investigators, analysts, PMs and SDEs to turn ever-evolving insights about our users into automated services.
- Hands-on experience developing algorithms on top of data pipelines that scale
- Write production quality code (Python, Go, Scala) on top of a production software toolkit (AWS)
- ML scope (probability, statistics, linear algebra, optimization) and ML depth in at least one area (ex. statistical learning, deep learning, NLP, graph theory, unsupervised learning)
- MS / Ph.D in an quantitative field
- Domain knowledge or experience working with commercial platforms, social platforms, ore two-sided markets
- Desire to solve how incentives affect how users and bad actors operate in consumer product environment
- 2+ years of experience in software development environment at a large tech company.
- You can teach us something new!
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.