Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Join a dynamic legal team working on a variety of innovative legal issues across the entire company. Seeking a motivated lawyer that will serve as a key voice in the room providing advice to Twitch’s product teams (as well as other business teams) on all phases of the product development life cycle. Tackle topics such as privacy, consumer protection, marketing, intellectual property, digital currencies, and advertising that arise out of the operation and growth of a global UGC service.
Leverage good judgement and a strong business sense to assist product, engineering, business development, advertising and other teams develop thoughtful strategies towards product development while assessing and mitigating legal risk.
- Advise on a range of compliance issues, regulations and industry standards with a focus on privacy, consumer protection, and intellectual property.
- Review products, features, and initiatives to provide advice consistent with Twitch’s legal obligations in multiple jurisdictions.
- Support product and advertising operations as you balance user and policy considerations.
- Coordinate advice with cross-functional stakeholders, including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Tax and others.
- Keep current on relevant industry standards, laws, and regulations.
- Collaborate with legal team members to improve processes and ensure business demands are satisfied.
- 5-8 years of relevant legal experience at a leading law-firm, government agency, or in house experience at a technology company.
- Demonstrated experience advising clients on video, mobile, gaming, e-commerce, online marketplaces, and, generally, internet products/services.
- Substantial experience with US and international laws, content policies, privacy matters, intellectual property, and consumer protection laws.
- California Bar admission in good standing (or Registered In-House Counsel status with California State Bar)
- Strong interpersonal skills and collegial attitude, collaborative team player who cherishes working with others.
- Relevant technical degree or high level of comfort with technology.
- Experience as a product counsel at a technology company
- Knowledge and understanding of Twitch
- CIPP certification
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.