Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
The Network Engineering team builds and operates a large global backbone network connecting over 50 points of presence (PoPs). You will work closely with other teams within the Video Platform organization to ensure Twitch service quality remains as high as possible. You will own network quality from the ingestion of a broadcaster’s video stream, to the processing and replicating of the video stream to our globally-distributed video servers, to the delivery of the video to our viewers.
As video traffic grows, the network and server infrastructure must scale to support that growth. You will play a big role in that scaling, and the implementation of network and video system features to support a high-traffic multi-tenant environment. If the idea of operating and automating a large-scale network with a high volume of traffic interests you, this could be the role for you!
- Backbone, datacenter, and POP architecture and design
- Internal and external routing policy, traffic engineering, and route reflection
- Network performance tuning
- Complex network-related projects and migrations
- Evolve and support the network and video system integration
- Network hardware vendor and device selection
- Lead, create, and contribute to operational procedures and best practices
- Write technical documentation
- Senior technical escalation point for the network and video software organizations
- 5+ years experience configuring, operating and troubleshooting protocols like OSPF, MPLS RSVP-TE, BGP, BFD
- 5+ years experience with common protocols and concepts like TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, IPv6, Anycast routing
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with global internet routing, peering/transit relationships, traffic engineering, troubleshooting
- 3+ years experience with low level details such as flow records, packet captures, and collating information from various sources and tools
- 3+ years experience with planning, documenting, testing, and production rollout of new network features or changes
- 3+ years proven ability to work with minimal supervision on short, medium, and long term projects
- 3+ years collaborating with and mentoring other engineers
- Experience with Cisco IOS-XR
- Comfortable working in a globally distributed team across time zones
- Willing to constantly raise the bar of engineering and operational practices across the organization
- Excellent and professional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of various AWS services such as EC2, S3, Cloudfront, VPCs, Direct Connect
- An understanding of networking concepts such as segment routing, load balancing, SDN
- Able to work comfortably in a linux environment
- Experience with WDM optical systems
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.