Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Regional IT Lead to establish our new local IT team in Singapore. If you're looking to join a highly successful team, then we'd love to hear from you!
Overall, Twitch IT is about 26 people all doing various roles from DevOps to software development to customer success. This position will join 12 others who are focused on delivering world class customer service and technical support for global Twitch employees. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable working as part of a globally distributed team and communicating with technical and non-technical users.
The Amazon/Twitch business relationship presents several challenges in the acquisition and support of technology in APAC, this person would play a pivotal role in creating and maintaining strong and productive IT relationships in the region. This role would be focused on providing a focal point for all the IT Services for Twitch employees in APAC. These services include (but are not limited to):
- FinTech (Financial Systems)
- HR Tech (Human Resource Systems)
- WP Tech (Workplace Systems)
- Business Operation Program Management
- Sales / Partnership Tech
- ITaaB (internal IT technology Services)
- Collaboration Tech (AV/VC and Streaming Systems)
- Service Desk (incident, request management)
Twitch's presence in APAC is growing rapidly and slated for continued growth in 2019. With rapid growth comes a large reliance on technology and technology support - not only onboarding new employees, but making sure they can utilize Twitch tools to their fullest going forward.
You must have an excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software), and a willingness to learn and apply new technology. You possess superior technical aptitude, and the ability to deal patiently with people in a wide variety of situations. Additionally, you must possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem-solving ability. Proven ability to operate in high-pressure situations, successfully handle multiple priorities, and maintain a high level of discipline while remaining flexible.
- Build strong and successful relationships Amazon IT teams to facilitate smooth Onboarding and Day 2 IT support across the APAC region.
- Form relationships with all aspects of our customers in APAC (HR, FIN, Sales, etc). Determine health of IT services for each of those areas, formulate plans for sustaining or correcting business problems
- Partner with AMER and EMEA based Twitch IT Teams to create and maintain APAC IT Standards and Procurement procedures.
- Travel to Twitch offices throughout the APAC region to support IT Technologies and build relationships that connect remote sites/offices to the APAC Corporate location.
- Resolve complex issues that may not be well documented, and apply your knowledge to improving and creating support procedures and documentation.
- Become the Twitch IT focal point in APAC
- 5+ years experience and a proven history in Service Desk, Technology Support and Customer Service
- History of building trust through collaboration in technology services
- Successful track record of delivering support to remote sites
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision; you are a self-motivated, self-starter who can initiate ideas and take ownership of work.
- Demonstrated ability in leading or playing key roles in large cross-functional projects and delivering those projects on time and within guidelines.
- Can communicate in multiple languages including Japanese, Chinese (Mandarin) or Korean, as well as English
- Strong Communications Skills
- Previous “StartUp” experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or an IT related field.
- Advanced Windows, macOS or Linux systems administration skills/certification
- Have hands-on experience with MDF/IDF Data Cabling / Computer Facilities maintenance
- Industry training such as Microsoft MCSE, MCITP
- Project Management Certification (CAPM, PMP)
- You are a Twitch user yourself
- Familiarity with Twitch community and gaming space
- Medical Insurance
- Health Screenings
- Life Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off