Twitch delivers over 6 billion hours of video per year today. We have one of the largest live video distribution networks in the world and a VOD delivery platform. At Twitch we are working on building a platform to usher in the next few billions of hours of video to be delivered. We believe video delivery is in its infancy and as we look to the horizon, we want to expand our video offerings to customers and partners beyond Twitch.
The ideal candidate will have market development and business development experience in building business that enable users to build scalable and secure media workflows in the AWS cloud, be a self-starter, and be willing operate both tactically and strategically. As key team member in this fast growing, exciting space you will have the opportunity to help lead the early market development efforts for new services, establish wins with lighthouse customers, create new eco-system partnerships, and then as the business starts to formulate, help drive the growth and shape the future of a service category that will have a significant impact on our customers’ business.
Your responsibilities will include creating a comprehensive go-to-market strategy to help develop the market for the new service. You will be required to identify early adopters to work with who can help influence the direction, feature set, and pricing of the product, and then drive lighthouse customer wins in specific market segments. As the business formulates, you will lead efforts to enable sales in getting field ready for selling. This will involve creating a strong partnership with sales in driving global sales pipeline focused on driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration.
The ideal candidate will be Part builder, part operator and part general manager who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus. They will possess a proven track record and background that enables them to lead a new market development efforts that will include teaming with AWS Service Product Managers, Solutions Architects, Training, Sales, Partners and engagements at the CxO level within the largest/strategic AWS accounts. The successful candidate will also possess a business background that enables them to drive specific engagement and interaction at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical understanding that enables them to easily interact with developers and technical architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A track record of helping establish new business via focused incubation mechanisms and then broad partnerships will be important for this role.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Go To Market Strategy: Develop a global go to market strategy that can successfully take a new service from incubation to growth stages. Create and execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g., AWS service teams, legal, support)
- Customer Funnel Development: Develop a broad-reach strategy to engage thousands of start-ups and newer companies across different countries needed to grow the funnel. Engage an eco-system of partners, university research, SIs, etc. to create early demand and drive adoption.
- Pipeline Management: Responsible for maintaining the customer pipeline, and providing regular updates on the customer funnel to the Strategy and Product Management teams.
- Customer Account Management: Manage complex contract negotiations and complex business requirements and activities which drive category specific selection.
- Content Creation: Develop compelling audience-specific messages and tools (product videos, customer success stories, demos, whitepapers, presentations, how to guides etc.).
- Evangelism: Establish a presence as a thought leader within the category through various AWS channels such as AWS Blogs, Whitepapers, Reference architectures and Public-Speaking events such as AWS Summit and User-Group events
- Support Resource Guidance: For those customers actively engaged in Private Previews, effectively triage current customer opportunities and create a resourcing prioritization strategy to direct support resources.
- Influence Product Roadmap: Organize and prioritize feedback for future release. This includes capturing the feedback, organizing the feedback based on the needs of the customer segments, and prioritizing the feedback based on importance to each customer segment.
- 5+ years of experience working with emerging Solutions and Providers including a solid understanding of cloud computing technology
- 10+ years of Product Management, Business development and program management experience.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English including strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
- 10+ years of business experience and customer-facing skills to interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background to easily interact with IT professionals, software developers, media specialists, A/V engineers, and architects
- Knowledge of one or more of the following industries: Interactive Media, Event Streaming, or Streaming Video Platforms. Must be able to understand and articulate the business value & technical overview
- MBA or Graduate degree
- 5+ years Knowledge of Software Marketplaces and/or cloud computing.
- 5+ years of prior experience working in several Interactive Media, Event Streaming, Media Workflows, or Streaming Video Platforms
- 10+ years of experience with varying software licensing models
Amazon is an Equal opportunity - Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet