Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
Data is central to Twitch’s decision-making process, and analysts are a critical component to evangelize data-driven decision making in all of our operations. As a data analyst at Twitch, you will be in on the ground floor with the Alliances team, shaping the way our deals performance is measured, defining what questions should be asked, and scaling analytics methods and tools to support our growing business.
For this role, we are looking for an experienced data analyst with strong business acumen who will help develop the strategy for our Alliances team by helping us define and track KPIs, support strategic initiatives, evaluate new lines of business and help the team excel in using available data to improve decision making.
This role requires a keen ability to build the right analysis to answer key business questions, analyze the impact of complex and innovative programs and transform data sets into insights and actionable recommendations. In a typical week, you will be responsible for data analysis, dashboard/report building, and metrics reviews. We’re seeking an individual who has the vision and strategic thinking skills to make analytics best in class at Twitch.
- Operationalize data processes, provide the team with ad-hoc analysis, automated dashboards, and self-service reporting tools so that everyone gets a good sense of the state of the business.
- Establish analytical framework for your business team: partner across stakeholders to define measurement approach, quantify and evaluate success, and develop KPIs and guide tracking efforts for ongoing measurement and reporting.
- Evangelize data knowledge and insights: manage communications with your stakeholders and other teams, collaborate with both technical and non-technical colleagues to complete data projects and ensure all parties can use the insights to further improve.
- Maintain a customer-centric focus: strive to be a Partnership expert through data, develop trust amongst your peers and stakeholders, and ensure that your team has access to data to make decisions.
- Prioritize and execute in the face of ambiguity: work with stakeholders and mentors to distill the problem, adapt your tools to answer complicated questions, and identify the trade-offs between speed and quality of different approaches.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Expert SQL skills. Ability to tap into Twitch’s data pipeline will be key to success.
- Proven track record of using data to generate insights and drive business results.
- Fluency in data analysis and communication around data, including experimentation, data visualization, and defining KPI strategy for your business.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound business judgment; strategic and analytical capabilities
- Ability to prioritize and multitask; ability to adapt to a fast moving environment
- Excellent team player with ability to maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Experience developing dashboards with tools such as Tableau, Looker
- A passion for media and programming and defining the future of content entertainment
- Prior experience in Gaming/Entertainment is a plus, but not a prerequisite
- Existing professional relationships with game publishers/developers or esports organizers
- Previous employment at a game publisher/developer or esports organizer
- Experience with public speaking and comfort interacting with C-level executives
- Experience in Finance, building business plans or tracking P&Ls
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.