Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
The Strategic Partnerships Manager for the New Verticals team drives the ongoing success of new and existing Premium Content Partnerships on Twitch. You will establish and nurture relationships with top studios and media companies and oversee the on-boarding and ongoing management of partner operated channels, working across a range of internal teams.
You will be working cross-functionally with internal teams such as Programming, Marketing, Sales, Product and Finance to support successful implementation of the deal and programming strategy, including promoting and executing on different Twitch-specific implementations such as co-streaming initiatives with Twitch talent, working with the BD and Product teams to implement Extensions and other non-standard features to support the ongoing success of the Partnership.
- Be the primary point of contact for Partners for all key areas (programming, advertising, marketing, finance) to manage activities such as content promotions, new user acquisition opportunities, Partner payments and reporting.
- Devise and run custom programs and campaigns to activate Twitch creators at scale; be able to plan campaign initiatives and execute through close collaboration with Marketing and Partnerships.
- Execute Partner hand-off from Acquisitions team once a deal has been executed and content is live on the platform, work with partners to agree a plan to support each party’s commitments under the agreement.
- Manage on-boarding of new channel partners including channel set-up, reviewing content ingestion and publishing process, teaching partners how to use the dashboard and related features and working with internal teams to coordinate the launch of new channels.
- Develop and document processes for execution on Twitch, ensuring detailed and robust workflow to ensure smooth interactions between key operational contact points at the partner and the team responsible for programming content.
- Provide first level of support to partners through channel or event set up and ensure prompt resolution of questions and issues. Be able to champion the partnership within Twitch and in turn, be a powerful advocate for Twitch in relation to the Partner.
- Fully understand the Partner’s objectives, effectively communicate them internally. Work with Acquisitions to craft commercial proposals to secure additional content and fully leverage each relationship.
- Work with Programming to develop and update best practice guides for Partners to get the most out of having content on the Twitch platform.
- Work with Product teams to identify which innovative products (i.e. Extensions, Co-streaming with Twitch influencers) would add value and audience to the Partners’ content on Twitch.
- Produce monthly reports highlighting key successes/developments/issues for each Partnership.
- Identify and work with colleagues from Prime Video and Amazon Channels to identify ways to cross-promote Amazon offers, where Partner has an objective to cross-promote content on Amazon.com.
- Identify ways to optimize content discovery and navigation to non-gaming content on Twitch. Improve product offerings by formally documenting and communicating Partner feedback to Twitch Product team.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent qualification.
- At least 5+ years of strategic account management, technical project management or other relevant client relations experience in the digital video and/or entertainment industry.
- Strong project management skills with ability to effectively multitask, frequently working to tight deadlines.
- A good technical understanding of what APIs, SDKs and technical products can do
- Strong knowledge of Twitch platform as a viewer and/or broadcaster.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Existing professional relationships with studios and media and entertainment companies.
- Excellent presentation skills and proficiency with CRM, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote or similar programs.
- Ability to represent Twitch to Partners at a senior executive level and serve as a strong advocate for Partners within Twitch.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast & Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.