Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch delivers over 6 billion hours of video per year today. We have one of the largest live video distribution networks in the world and a VOD delivery platform. At Twitch we are working on building a platform to usher in the next few billions of hours of video to be delivered. We believe video delivery is in its infancy and as we look to the horizon, we want to expand our video offerings to customers and partners beyond Twitch.
As a principal product manager, you will be responsible for rethinking the process of how the current video platform products work for B2B customers as the video platform becomes an independent service. You will manage the Video Platform’s Transcode team and work on evaluating video codecs such as VP9, AV1, HEVC and streaming formats such HLS, WebRTC, SRT and more to help set the future of live video distribution. You will be responsible for writing specs for product features that delivers on customer and business needs. You will also play a key role in the evolution of Twitch’s video platforms in driving down latency. This role will require working closely with multiple product and business teams in Twitch and AWS to drive alignment.
This position is a rare opportunity within Twitch to help launch a new service, and define the future format of interactive live video. An ideal candidate will bring both deep technical and PM leadership expertise, experience in launching early-stage products, a deep understanding of video, strong desire to bring clarity to ambiguity, ability to resolve conflicts across teams, and research and development experience.
We believe video services as a whole in AWS are just getting started. This is an amazing opportunity to get in on the ground floor within an existing, strong and growing video business.
- Owns the relationship with Video Platform’s Transcode team working on video platform
- Bring technical leadership that drives research, development, and execution of video codecs, video encoding hardware, and streaming formats
- Work closely with video platform PMs, external partners, and engineering to manage/prioritize product requirements
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent technical experience
- 10+ years of experience, 3+ years of which must be in a technical role
- Primary manager for external teams and/or has been a vendor in the past
- Experience in working in B2B
- C-Level communication skills, both written and oral/presentation
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves and get things done
- Have shipped video products
- Have shipped enterprise cloud products
- Industry knowledge of video codecs and standards
- Experience with video codecs ( H.264, HEVC, VP9, AV1), encoding, packaging or streaming technologies.
- Familiarity with the state of the art and trends in video transcoding hardware
- Business development/sales experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.