Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Our ideal candidate is a “full-stack” data powerhouse who uses data to drive decision making to make the best products for our creators and their communities. This person’s input will be core to decision making across all major products and initiatives that our team builds. Such products include tools to guide new content creators as they learn the ropes of streaming on Twitch, features that help growing creators create compelling content, engage their communities, understand their progress and audience, and collaborate with other streamers.
- Inform product strategy by defining and updating core metrics for each product set
- Build and automate scalable tools to surface key data to stakeholders across various levels of data literacy. These tools may include Tableau dashboards, aggregate tables, and self-service reporting tools.
- Evaluate and forecast impact of product features on creators, viewers, and the entire Twitch ecosystem
- Design A/B experiments to drive product direction with iterative innovation and measurement
- Drive the team’s analysis roadmap and prioritize the most valuable projects
- Dive deep into the data to understand how creator and viewer behaviors change with the evolution of our product
- Act as our team’s thought leader on best practices and move towards long-term vision of sustainable and thriving data processes
- Own data collection and product instrumentation implementation and quality assurance
- Work hand-in-hand with product, engineering, and design to proactively influence and inform teammates’ decisions throughout the product lifecycle
- Fluency in SQL-based data manipulation (2+ years)
- 4+ years of domain experience in a consumer internet business, or in a high-velocity, high-growth product unit
- Experience building aggregates and optimizing data workstreams
- Experience designing and assessing impact of A/B experiments in a fast-paced product development cycle
- High level of comfort creating dashboards in Tableau or comparable software
- Strong written communication skills to share insights and influence stakeholders
- Independence in determining and establishing data analysis priorities to balance ongoing projects with requests from various stakeholders
- Detail-oriented, impact-oriented, customer-centric approach to data analysis
- Advanced data visualization
- Experience building data products
- Experience with analyzing content creator ecosystems
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.