Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
This role is an opportunity to be a part of the future of music at Twitch, building systems that will underpin new features and functionality in Twitch Sings. As Twitch’s first game, we’ve got a lot to prove, and a growing number of players and viewers to support. As part of the Twitch Music Engineering team, you’ll be building new greenfield systems to make sure that our broadcasters and their communities are having a great time, together.
The right person for this role will have demonstrated experience building and maintaining infrastructure that makes wide use of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform. You should have thorough knowledge of load-based scaling methods, how best to meet latency SLAs, caching of dynamically changing data, and tracking the health of backend systems.
- Design and build services that support traffic from a large number of Twitch viewers
- Support day-to-day operation of the Twitch Sings backend
- Collaborate with other cross-functional teams to clarify product requirements
- Improve engineering process and tools to improve velocity and productivity
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Mentor and cultivate junior engineers
- Have strong knowledge of AWS services, including Fargate, Lambda, Cloudfront, SQS, and DynamoDB
- Demonstrated history of building and deploying public-facing APIs supporting thousands of requests per second
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience developing in Golang
- Past work developing game backends
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.