Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
The Science team drives evidence-based decision-making throughout Twitch. We are researchers and leaders who advise product and business decisions and identify ways to use data and models to develop new capabilities. We are an interdisciplinary team leveraging experts in analytics, data science, and user and audience research to improve the world’s leading livestreaming platform.
Our team seeks an outstanding empirical industrial organization economist with demonstrated experience solving large-scale demand-estimation challenges. We prize creative problem solvers who combine deep subject-matter expertise with the ability to adapt and extend existing methods to the unique Twitch environment. The ideal candidate will deliver quantitative insights about supply and demand for our products to inform decision-making at the highest levels of Twitch.
- Own projects in supply-and-demand research, including data collection and model development, estimation, and validation
- Autonomously identify and pursue research topics with significant business impact, and make compelling cases for prioritization and resource allocation
- Serve as a subject-matter expert in economics generally and empirical IO specifically. Work with team members and stakeholders to broaden access to and understanding of economics-based capabilities
- Collaborate with specialists in data science, analytics, engineering, and economics disciplines to efficiently develop reliable and reproducible techniques at scale
- Communicate findings in written and verbal form with key technical and business stakeholders
- PhD in Economics or highly related field (e.g, Quantitative Marketing, Finance)
- Expert-level facility with demand-estimation techniques applied at scale
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills on quantitative topics
- Fluency in data fundamentals: SQL, data manipulation in R or Python, and statistics
- Keen judgment for balancing research depth and pacing
- Strong background in statistics methodology, applications to business problems, and/or big data
- Prior work with marketplace or entertainment-type products
- 2+ years of experience in industry, consulting, government, or academic research
- Dives deep, thinks big, and has convictions
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.