Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch is searching for a Head of People Development & Experience to join our People team. Reporting directly to the Chief People Officer, you will be responsible for the oversight and leadership of the talent programs strategy and activities including: talent development, learning programs, performance management processes, and employee enrichment activities. Partnering with People Partners, cross-functional stakeholders and leaders you will refine our end to end approach to people development and experience at Twitch. This includes anything from onboarding and review/promo process, to career development, leadership development, team building, and employee enrichment through Employee Resource Groups and external/internal events. The solutions you deliver will not only facilitate achieving our business goals, they will be tech enabled, efficient and inclusive.
You and your team team will be accountable for delivering creative and agile people development strategies and experiences that ensure leaders are supported in building stable talent pipelines and an inclusive culture of continuous learning and development that strives to ensure Twitch continues to be a great place to work and develop.
You will play a strategic role in shaping and managing our talent development approach and set our framework around manager expectations and development that will ultimately help drive strategic business goals. You should demonstrate strong consultative, relationship building, interpersonal and influence skills, an aptitude for inclusion and be effective at quickly establishing credibility and developing working relationships. In this hands-on role you will need to be able to flex from strategic to tactical work depending on priorities and needs. In addition, you will be a strong and influential leader to provide coaching, support, and development within the People Development Team.
- Lead development of learning framework, strategy, and execution for Twitch’s global employee population with an initial emphasis on creating an overall forward-looking manager development program and roadmap
- Guide the simplification and implementation of inclusive talent review and evaluation programs
- Define, design and execute scalable and consistent individual contributor and manager experiences through the creation and delivery of learning journeys that promote development and engagement
- Create an efficient, consistent and scalable Global onboarding experience and partner with business leaders to create and improve functional onboarding
- Serve as a facilitator across training programs and for Leadership teams
- Provide overall guidance for success of our employee resource groups
- Partner with the People Partnering team to drive design, education and execution of all People Programs including performance management, talent planning, employee engagement, and total rewards to increase overall company performance
- Related experience in Talent Programs, Learning & Development and/or Organization Development
- Strong people manager capabilities that inspire followership
- Demonstrated ability to set strategy, define programs and deliver content
- Proficiency in using technology to leverage Talent Programs and proficiency in using data and analytics to measure outcomes, gain insights, make decisions and influence others
- Able to seamlessly navigate between the big picture and the details, and between hands on and strategic
- Familiarity and comfort in environments where growth and change are the constants, pace is fast and a global mindset is required
- Experience with diversity and inclusion programs, and ensuring inclusion is considered in program design and execution
- A master facilitator with motivational, high-impact facilitation style
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills; Enjoys working with others in a collaborative, social environment; Effective at building and maintaining strong relationships
- Ability to travel domestically and globally as needed
- Professional Qualifications or related certifications such as coaching and/or behavioral assessments
- Demonstrated net positive contributor to company community and culture above and beyond job duties
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.