Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. We are looking for an ML manager who is excited to solve challenging and open-ended problems in the creation of automated safety products. As the ML manager on Twitch’s Trust & Safety team, you will build systems which help us better understand user behaviors and various types of user-generated content. You will be developing infrastructure for next-generation intelligent products using state of the art machine learning models by leading a world class applied science and engineering team. You will help ensure that creators and viewers on Twitch can build thriving communities by eliminating negative interactions (harassment, inappropriate content, etc).
At Twitch, which is part of Amazon, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment in the heart of San Francisco, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.
You’ll find a Requirements section below. If you meet all these then we encourage you to apply. If you only meet some of them but think this role sounds like something you’d be great at, we encourage you to apply. If you meet just one of them but think you’ll bring something unique to the team, we encourage you to apply.
- Manage a team of software engineers and applied scientists that designs, builds, and maintains ML systems which detect inappropriate/risky behavior and content on Twitch
- Manage robust and highly scalable systems in order to stay ahead of exponentially growing demand
- Influence and establish best engineering practices through strong operational excellence principles, architectural decisions, processes and tools
- Provide leadership in an innovative and fast paced environment
- Manage collaboration with cross-functional engineering teams to integrate safety features into products across Twitch
- BA/BS degree in CS, Math, Stats, AI, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience in applied science, data science, or software engineering
- 2+ years of experience building ML systems
- 2+ years of experience in technical leadership and people management
- Strong organizational, leadership, and communication skills
- Passion for operational excellence and continuous process improvement
- Experience in converting business problems to ML solutions
- Experience in taking data and ML based solutions from research phase to final product implementation
- MS or PhD in CS, Math, Stats, AI, or related field
- Demonstrated ability to lead engineers to deliver high quality technology products/services
- Expertise in problem solving and analyzing large scale distributed systems.
- Strong familiarity with the AWS ecosystem.
- Experience with iterative, agile development methodologies (including scrum)
- Experience in deploying/maintaining ML models in production
- Experience in building/running large scale data pipelines and experience managing big data (e.g. RDBMS, Redshift, Spark, or similar technologies)
- Familiar with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, MXNet, and Keras
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.