Hiring Manager: Keith Langston
Recruiter: Charlie Bouzaglou
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. As a software engineer in the Twitch live infrastructure team, you will help architect and develop next-generation products, which will improve the discover and watch experience for hundreds of millions of Twitch viewers. We are looking for passionate engineers who are excited to solve problems at massive scale in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Our team is looking for fresh and innovative ideas to overcome a range of distributed computing and information retrieval challenges in order to enhance the viewer experience at Twitch.
At Twitch, which is part of Amazon, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment in the heart of San Francisco, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.
- Design, build, and maintain performant, reliable web services and large scale applications
- Embrace and champion engineering best practices within your group and Twitch
- Produce clean, high quality code, tests, and documentation
- Actively engage in code and design reviews with peers and partners
- Mentor and guide junior peers to develop their talent and help them grow
- Contribute engineering input and feedback into product planning processes
- Partner with fellow engineering teams to deliver on complex initiatives together
- Readiness to try new things and work with a diverse group of people
- 6+ years of relevant work experience as a software engineer
- 3+ years of experience architecting and building applications or web services at scale
- Experience writing high quality production code at scale
- Proficiency with scalability, concurrency, data modeling, and distributed systems fundamentals
- Sound technical judgment and a bias for action
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience using AWS services
- Experience writing Go in production systems
- Knowledge of specialized data storage techniques like search and graph DBs
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.