Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch.
About the Position
Twitch’s Mobile Engineering team develops applications for the Android and iOS platforms, supporting phone, tablet and set-top devices. These platforms represent an ever-growing share of Twitch viewership and providing functional and delightful experiences on them is essential to user engagement. As an iOS Software Engineer, you will contribute to an evolving, native app that is a portal to the Twitch community for millions of users. In the past year, our iOS engineers have:
- Leveraged Swift to update our UI components and architecture - the majority of our codebase is now written in Swift!
- Collaborated with product and design teams to deliver many features, improvements, and PogChamps to customers around the world.
- Powered up our video-playing architecture to go from one to three simultaneous streams without affecting performance or power usage.
- Started migrating our network stack from REST to GraphQL.
- Defined and started building a highly capable mobile developer platform that empowers our team to build a delightful customer experience.
- Deliver new product features for our iOS application
- Improve engineering processes and tools to increase team effectiveness
- Work across both technical and business-focused teams to bring value to our creators
- 2+ years of application development experience on iOS
- Proficiency with Objective-C, Swift, and the iOS development ecosystem
- Communicate complicated technical problems to both technical and business audiences
- Experience with mobile video playback through AVPlayer+
- Familiarity or experience working with GraphQL APIs
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science or relevant experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities and Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.