Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch’s vision is millions of creators sharing real-time video experiences with their communities. Twitch Developers’ mission is to enable any developer in the world to build a business around those experiences. We obsess about our customers’ needs, delivering products that help game developers make their games better to stream, and help community developers customize Twitch for their favorite streamers. Our products center around Extensions, providing powerful functionality to developers so our viewers and creators engage with each other and the content that is shown.
We’re looking for engineers for our San Francisco office who love delighting customers with useful products and seamless user experiences. You’ll work closely with product managers, UX designers, data scientists and engineers of all disciplines to take our product to new heights. You’ll take part in maturing our stack by working on significant engineering challenges involving massive scale, high availability, cross-platform implementation, and new-to-the-world solutions. Your work will be the foundation by which developers and broadcasters are able to bring joy to their viewers and consumers. Bring your hard hat, a learning mindset and sense of humor - we’re looking forward to meeting you.
- Brainstorm with designers and product managers to design new features
- Specify, implement, and maintain the services that will power these features
- Implement experiments and collect data with our data scientists to drive subsequent iterations on these features
- Participate in code and design reviews, teaching and learning from other engineers
- Identify and uphold engineering best practices
- Help our support team triage bugs, respond to user feedback, and fix production issues
- Share your opinion about the user experience and help improve it
- Level up the organization around you through code reviews and engineering best practices
- Own the quality of the features you ship
- Push code to production several times a day if necessary
- 5+ years of hands-on experience building high performance full stack applications.
- Mature understanding of every aspect of SDLC: requirements, design, coding, unit and integration testing, deployment, support, deprecation
- Architectural and design experience in building, deploying and operating services at scale with well defined interfaces and data modelling.
- Have built modern frontend single page applications
- Experience working with high performing services and driving successful architecture buildouts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- You take feedback well, and have a growth mindset
- You focus on quality, sweat the details, and delight our users
- Experience writing Go in production ready systems
- Experience with React or comparable frontend frameworks
- Experience in scaling high-volume, production systems with high availability and performance
- Experience with large data stores (DynamoDB, HBase, Cassandra)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.