Twist is looking for a field applications scientist to cover EMEA south, with specific experience in the biologics space. In this role, you will be an integral part of our Sales team and serve as a primary scientific field contact for selected pharmaceutical, biotechnology and other related companies. The FAS’s primary goal is to help strengthen Twist’s market position within these key accounts in the area of gene synthesis, variant libraries, oligo pools for synthetic biology and the discovery and development of biologics. In this role, you will be responsible for providing pre- and post-sales technical support (field based), developing strategic goals, building key customer relationships, identifying business opportunities, and maintaining extensive knowledge of market needs to increase opportunities and thereby increase Twist’s value to our key customers and maximize revenue for Twist Bioscience. You will partner closely with our sales team to create strategies to increase existing customer purchasing and identify new, potential customers of high value (e.g., KOLs).
The FAS will report to the EMEA regional FAS Manager.
Prior experience with research and development of complex biological products (particularly bio-pharmaceuticals) is desired to enable translation of customer requirements to internal teams. This position will be based in EMEA, with travel requirements of up to 50% locally and across the EMEA.
Key Milestones And Responsibilities
- Training on Twist technology, products and services will be provided to enable FAS to translate Twist capabilities
- Provide expert understanding and strong technical competency in discussing Twist’s capabilities and product offerings with selected pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and other related companies.
- Build and nurture relationships with stakeholders and customers to better understand their strategic direction and perspectives.
- Prospect and generate lists of potential customers, collaborators, and partners that will generate revenues from gene synthesis, variant libraries, and oligo pool sales as well as products in alpha testing phase.
- Provide application support for pre- and post-sales activities for Twist’s product portfolio including genes, custom DNA libraries, and oligo pools to help support the sales team to achieve quota.
- Local and regional travel (50% time) to work in the field with Sales, attend meetings with key customers and participate in trade shows.
- Identify, nurture, and manage collaborations to network and collaborate on leads with the account management sales team.
- Support sales team in technical discussions, presentations, and meetings with selected pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and other related companies.
- Primary lead to solicit and pitch Twist capabilities (presentations), competencies and offerings to strategically important potential new collaborators and partners
- Develop strong working relationships with subject matter experts throughout Twist; assign and coordinate tasks to more qualified co-workers involved in the pursuit of each opportunity.
- Network with customers and provide feedback to Marketing on customer requirements for new applications or products.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience and success within Gene Therapy or AAV-based Therapy or antibody discovery and development within academic/bio-pharmaceutical /biotech/protein engineering segments.
- Experience developing and cultivating customers and opportunities in the Therapeutic or Biopharma industry organization
- Advanced degree and/or at least 5 years of experience within Gene therapies or antibody development, or related scientific profession required.
- Strong technical knowledge of protein engineering, MPRA and gene synthesis.
- In-depth knowledge and experience within the variant library, protein engineering and/or MPRA space
- Experience working in a global environment is preferred
- Experience working in a corporate, global or regional sales and marketing role involving gene mutant library and/or antibody development products/services
- Advanced knowledge of, and practical experience in biotechnology product development
- High attention to detail
- High self-motivation and must have demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in Business English, with the ability to effectively communicate, write, and present in a professional business environment.
- Proficiency in French, both written and spoken, enabling seamless communication with our French-speaking clients and partners is a plus.
- Experience of customer support and use of CRM system a plus
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.