The Product Operations Manager (POM) will be an integral part of Twist’s Product Management team. This is an excellent opportunity for a technical, operational, and project focused individual to gain commercial exposure, transition into a business focused role, and further develop his/her career.
The POM will enable the Product Team to deliver the optimal customer experience by ensuring operational excellence. The POM will focus on optimizing business systems and processes, facilitating cross-functional communication, analyzing and automating data, and identifying opportunities for improvement by effectively managing product feedback loops. The POM will serve as the communication conduit between product management, field sales, and internal R&D/Operations teams; and as the overall driver for cross functional efforts to fulfill Twist’s customer needs.
What You’ll Be Doing:
The POM will report into senior leaders of the product management organization, with key responsibilities outlined below:
- Key account support: manage the unique needs of large, strategic, customers, and help deliver customized products, service, and documentation that meet their needs.
- Critical order fulfillment: Shepard high priority orders (defined and prioritized by sales leaders) to ensure quality fulfillment and on time delivery.
- Organizational scaling: Drive proposals for extension of operational improvements across product lines, including executive presentation, financial analysis, and commercial impact analysis.
- Field communication: develop and manage field communications on manufacturing issues, low inventory and stock out, product quality issues, product changes and improvements, etc.
- Forecasting: Work closely with Sales to estimate customer demand and generate accurate product forecasts. Collaborate closely with supply chain and production planning teams to ensure we manage customer expectations for large orders and meet expected product delivery commitments.
- Customs clearance assistance: Work with stakeholders internally and in EMEA/LATAM/APAC to ensure specific documentation (SDS, BOM, product labels, etc.) are created and available to ensure smooth customs clearance.
- Product/Delivery Analysis: Develop global specific reports that allow for regular review of product consumption by region, delivery turnaround time by product line, key account & repeat business monitoring in order to understand specific bottlenecks that may be encountered enabling action plans to be developed and implemented.
- VOC & business case: collect and consolidate voice of customers, propose and drive product improvement and potentially NPI (New Product Introduction) projects.
- Product & SKU management: Own product master data and pricing, across relevant business systems.
- Partner collaborations: manage collaborations with key partners and customers to develop regional advocacy and meet regional customer needs.
- Other responsibilities: might include product content creation, sales training, participating in customer meetings and facilitating customer visits, etc.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
Experience and Key Skills
- A can-do attitude and high energy are strongly desired.
- 2-5 years experience in any of the following functions: R&D, Operations, Manufacturing, Project management, Sales, Customer service, etc. Previous product management experience is not required
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and changing landscape
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong proactive ability to anticipate problems and mitigate risk
- Effective project management skills and the ability to work cross-functionally to drive project results
- Clear communicator and trainer
- Strong analytical skills
- B.S. in Biology, Chemistry, Molecular Biology or a related field
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.