Senior Software Engineer - API Integrations
At Twist Bioscience, we help our customers change the world for the better. Our DNA-based tools are enabling researchers across a variety of scientific disciplines to achieve groundbreaking discoveries. We continue to drive biological innovations aimed at making the world safer, healthier, and more sustainable.
We are looking for an experienced senior software engineer to work on the design, development, implementation, and support of customer facing APIs.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop and enhance new and existing solutions for our integrations API
- Collaborate with customers and partners on B2B integrations
- Participate in requirements gathering, technical specification, design, and development of software for customer facing applications
- Promote software engineering best practices
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience delivering commercial cloud-based software applications
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and desire to write clean maintainable code
- Experience as a technical lead throughout the full software development lifecycle
- Expertise in Python, Node.js, and Django
- Solid experience with PostgreSQL and NoSQL
- Experience in cloud-based development using AWS including Lambda applications
- Experience with Message Queuing frameworks such as RabbitMQ and Kafka
- Experience working with geographically dispersed software development teams
- Solid knowledge of modern software technologies and practices including Microservices, CI/CD, and container-based technologies
- Expert knowledge of REST API development
- Ability to work in a fast paced, agile development environment
- Have familiarity with MES or LIMS systems
- Working knowledge of Git and familiarity with the Github workflow
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
The base cash compensation for this California-based role is targeted at $156,000-$173,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Final compensation amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate skill, experience, expertise, and location and may vary from the amount listed above. Compensation may be different in other locations.