The Twist Creative Director will lead a team of thinkers and doers, while bringing a mix of marketing expertise and business understanding to the position, promoting our company and that of our valued clients. We’re looking for an experienced manager, someone that can inspire others, taking our creative to a new level as we continue to grow. The ideal candidate will have a natural eye for design and a drive to inspire dynamic ideas that connect with all types of audiences. The role requires thought leadership and an understanding of the unique interplay between design, engineering, biology, and business needs of Twist Bioscience.
What You’ll do
- Produce fresh, innovative work that translates complex ideas into compelling print materials and digital experiences for visually sophisticated audiences
- Develop creative strategies, campaign concepts and visual treatments (including, photography, video, social)
- Conduct brainstorming sessions with marketing and creative teams, maintaining strategic and creative thinking to develop innovative and actionable creative initiatives in a fiscally responsible manner
- Supervise a cross-functional team of graphic designers, copywriters, social media experts, photographers/videographers, and project managers in the strategic development of messages and deliverables
- Ensure brand consistency across all platforms, web, e-commerce, trade shows,
presentations, social media, packaging, and various marketing collateral.
- Effectively manage a team of outside vendors and agencies to complete a variety of creative projects
- Review and approve art and copy developed by the team, ensuring deliverables that effectively address marketing goals and challenges
- Present, or oversee presentation of final concepts, and obtain approvals for deliverables
- Ability to be hands-on with design when necessary
- Analyze brand tracking, market trends, consumer need, and the competitive landscape
- Meet budget standards by forecasting and managing expenses
- At least 10 years of experience concepting, creative directing, designing and developing marketing communications
- Passionate about storytelling through compelling writing and visuals
- Great eye for aesthetics and details
- Ability to simplify and express complex concepts visually
- Previous experience managing designers and agencies
- Expert level proficiency in a variety of design platforms, including but not limited to Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) Figma, Canva
- Enthusiasm to learn about the biotech industry and how scientists think
- Demonstrate a portfolio of previous projects, compelling concepts and designs
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.