The Manufacturing Lead will be responsible for the manufacture and analysis of custom protein products across Twist Bioscience’s proprietary process workflow to meet the Twist production forecast and timelines.
The Manufacturing Lead will be held accountable for maintaining production schedule, troubleshooting, and guiding the work of other shift associates while also performing manufacturing tasks. Activities will include but not be limited to: operating a variety of laboratory equipment including liquid handling robots, maintaining detailed documentation, cleaning and restocking the lab, and practicing good lab bench techniques to ensure high quality and consistent products.
The ideal candidate will be driven and will do what it takes to keep manufacturing on track in a fast-paced, collaborative start-up environment. The Manufacturing Lead will also be responsible for the production of antibody proteins according to established SOPs and completion of manufacturing batch records to contribute to the daily production schedule.
What You’ll Do
- Assist the production supervisor and guide the work performed in the lab by manufacturing associates.
- Take responsibility for daily operations when the supervisor is not available; be the go-to person for operators for routine issues, triaging and escalating where necessary.
- Provide leadership by exemplifying the team’s values and upholding priorities.
- Troubleshoot issues related to manufacturing process and instrumentation.
- Maintain daily operations w/ or w/o the supervisor (equipment maintenance, fulfillment of production requests, retain review, etc).
- Review time sensitive material and calendar events.
- Oversee material inventory and waste management activities for the shift.
- Review JIRA tickets with the supervisor to create action items.
- Enforce checklist and audit activities which are built into the production process.
- Schedule and help conduct the onboarding and training for new laboratory manufacturing associates.
- Work in the laboratory and perform any process tasks.
- Manufacture high quality custom antibody proteins in a high throughput MFG lab according to established SOPs.
- Operate laboratory equipment and liquid handling robots (Hamilton Stars, centrifuges, sealers, thermocyclers, spectrometers, etc.)
- Effectively use molecular and cell biology processes and techniques, including mammalian transfection, protein purification, and quality control checks.
- Maintain thorough, accurate and detailed documentation of all work performed using existing document templates and applications.
- Update and write work instructions and documentation.
- Work independently in a safe manner.
- Pay great attention to details and yield consistent results.
- Analyze data outcome from manufacturing steps and deciding on or recommending a course of action.
- Follow lean manufacturing, ISO and GMP practices.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s/Associate’s degree in biology, chemistry, biochemistry: degree preferred but will consider candidates with relevant laboratory experience
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment
- Good written and verbal skills
- Attention to details
- Good computer skills and comfort in using computers for all aspects of MFG, experience with Excel and Word, Jira/Confluence, web-based or similar programs
- Working in controlled laboratory environment
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time while performing duties
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs
- Must be able to work outside of regular work hours/ work a flexible shift as needed
SHIFT 1A: Sunday-Wednesday / Sunday-Tuesday 7AM-7PM 12h day/ 3d /4d alt work week with 1 weekend day
SHIFT 1B: Wednesday-Saturday / Thursday-Saturday 7AM-7:30PM 12h day/ 3d /4d alt work week with 1 weekend day