Twist’s Program and Portfolio Management Office is seeking an experienced, highly-motivated program manager to enable the tremendous growth of Twist’s Next Generation DNA synthesis business. You will be pivotal in forming the vision, vibrant culture and team, and be a key driver in Twist's successful New Product Introduction (NPI) and strategic business transformation initiatives from concept to launch. Additionally, you will have an opportunity to help shape the team’s systems and processes as we continue to scale with the growth of the company. This is a high-visibility, high-impact role within the Twist organization.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of managing a range of complex, technical projects with strong organizational leadership and influencing skills. A strong scientific or engineering background is a must.
- Leads cross-functional core teams. Collaborates with team members to develop detailed project plans. Coordinates activities across multiple functional groups including Product Management, finance, business systems, R&D, tech transfer, manufacturing and QC/QA.
- Leads and facilitates project meetings with an efficient and structured approach to ensure successful execution. Generates and disseminates meeting minutes which accurately capture key decisions, open issues and action items. Follows up on status of task and action item execution both within and outside of meetings, and updates project documentation (project timeline, meeting minutes) accordingly.
- Leads projects and team members through ISO 13485 design control process; creates and maintains a high-quality DHF.
- Builds high morale and team commitments to goals and objectives by creating a compelling sense of common purpose and direction.
- Communicates project progress on behalf of core teams to senior management regularly.
- Proactively identifies any technical/resource issues, concerns or challenges of assigned projects; develops action plans to address open issues, including escalation to key partners and stakeholders. Facilitates tradeoff decisions and removes obstacles.
- BS or higher degree in Life Sciences or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience managing projects in biotech, medical device or pharmaceutical industry, with prior technical experience
- Proven track record in leading cross-functional teams to achieve aggressive goals
- Experience with ISO 13485 design control and Quality Management Systems
- Assertiveness to tactfully address concerns or conflicts openly within core and extended teams
- Ability to deal with uncertainty/ambiguity in a constructive manner and generate options for moving forward
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to clearly summarize issues to senior leaders, drive consensus and forge solutions, stays focused and on-point
- Proficient with project management tools and applications (such as Smartsheets/Project)
Qualifications - Pluses
- Experience working in both startup and big-company environments is a plus
- Familiarity with both product development and manufacturing activities is a plus
- PMP or similar project management certification is a plus
- Experience with both physical products (hardware, reagents) and software products is a plus
Actual job title will be determined based on experience