Twist Bioscience is looking for a talented Staff Data Engineer Lead/Dev who is passionate about building new data driven solutions using cutting edge Big Data tools and technologies. He will lead the overall Data Warehouse and ETL design, development, testing and implementation of Data Products for Finance, Sales, Support, Marketing and Operations functions. This is a hands-on technical role and will require extensive experience in building real time data pipelines using the latest cloud-based tools and technologies.
What you will be doing
- Develops and maintains scalable data pipelines and builds out new integrations and processes required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources i.e. SAP, SFDC, eCommerce, ADP etc.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements and foster data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Implements processes and systems to validate data, monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Build, test, deploy, and monitor the ETL jobs through all states of the software development lifecycle.
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, principles and procedures and related data management tools. Understanding of CI/CD is a plus.
- Promote Data Warehouse and ETL best practices, Single Source of truth (SSOT) and build enterprise-wide data models for reporting via example, participation in code reviews, building tools, and documentation.
- Writes unit/integration tests to test the data pipelines and database code.
- Performs root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Responsible for production support, monitoring and troubleshooting of ETL jobs for all subject areas in the Data Warehouse.
What you will bring
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering with industry experience in data engineering, with solid data warehouse design and development experience
- 8-10 years of extensive experience in design, development, testing and implementation of Data Warehouses, Data Lakes and Data Marts using dimensional data modelling techniques.
- 5+ years of experience in building data pipelines, data analytics, data warehousing and big data tools – AWS Data Lake, Snowflake, Matilion, FIVETRAN, Airflow, Kafka etc
- Deep understanding of data engineering concepts, database designs, associated tools, system components, internal processes, and architecture.
- Extensive experience with relational database design, development, and performance tuning – Snowflake, Oracle, or Teradata (Snowflake preferred)
- Expertise in writing SQL queries for data analysis
- 5+ years of extensive experience with ETL technologies (Matilion, Fivetran preferred)
- Experienced in application administration, monitoring, and support of ETL and BI Tools
- Experience in AWS/Spark/Java/Python development is a plus.
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI) is a plus