We are looking for an outstanding Research Associate to join our Specialty Production Team in South San Francisco. The Research Associate will support the production team’s custom DNA-based applications and assays for synthetic biology including high-throughput gene synthesis, high-throughput cloning processes, and NGS-based QC. The ideal candidate will be driven and will do what it takes to keep manufacturing on track in a fast-paced startup environment. The ideal candidate will work independently, be very organized, have excellent molecular biology knowledge and skills, and communicate effectively with peers/management. The Candidate must be comfortable working in a LEAN manufacturing/ controlled laboratory environment.
- Fulfill orders for custom products that deviate from standard Operations workflows.
- Track multiple specialty products, maintain thorough, accurate and detailed documentation of all work produced in batch records, databases or other acceptable formats including problems and deviations.
- Capture intermediates that fail pipeline processing, assist Scientists to complete orders following SOPs, troubleshoot failures, and explore new paths forward.
- Independently analyze NGS and Sanger sequencing data.
- Generate and maintain stocks and intermediates for manufacturing operations team using established molecular biology processes.
- Test highly custom intermediates and establish SOPs.
- Write work instructions, SOP and training documents for manufacturing operators.
- Interact with a database to track samples.
- Daily completion of assigned tasks to keep work on track
- Work with Scientists to design and perform experiments, collect data, and analyze results.
- Prepare work instructions, batch records, QC reports and Collateral documents for custom orders.
- Make detailed observations and interpret results from workflow processes.
- Support day-to-day operations, service, and troubleshooting for manufacturing.
- B.S. Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or a closely-related field.
- 1-4 years of relevant industrial experience in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or a closely-related field.
- Must have a strong background in molecular biology techniques including DNA purification, DNA quantification, PCR, enzymatic assays, and molecular cloning.
- Experience working with a LIMS database is highly desired.
- Experience with automated liquid handler, Next-Gen sequencing, Sanger sequencing and analysis is preferred.
- Excellent experimental tracking skills. Able to multitask and deliver results on time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Respectful and open to others’ views; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Proficient in writing, and communicating in English. Able to present data effectively.
- Able to prepare documents including data summaries, technical and analytical reports.
- Comfortable working in a LEAN manufacturing / controlled laboratory environment.
- Support the organization in maintaining a work environment focused on scientific integrity quality, and one that fosters learning, open communication, collaboration, integration, and teamwork.
- Comfortable working in a fast moving startup environment.
- Self-motivated and passionate about delivering world-class DNA-based products.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.