We are looking for an outstanding Scientist to join our Technology Development team. The scientist will lead Technology Development efforts in developing custom DNA-based products and support the Combinatorial Variant Library and Oligo Pool product lines. The ideal candidate will be driven and willing to learn new techniques. This position will design and perform experiments, collect and analyze data for the development of custom molecular biology products and applications. The ideal candidate will be familiar with developing and optimizing protocols. This position will interact closely with a production team on design, quality control and data analysis as well as other key groups across the Twist organization.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Technically support day-to-day operations with the custom molecular biology production team to remove blockades and support problem solving as necessary
- Investigate, create and validate scientific methodologies use to quality control production intermediates and final products based on scope of projects
- Work on technical/scientific process/product/project activities to execute strategies and technical solutions that meets project needs and expectations
- Independently analyze NGS data to troubleshoot operations process failures and devise next steps
- Independently evaluate and assess new methods, technologies and processes that could improve and streamline production workflow
- Work with and guide research associates to troubleshoot or optimize by designing and executing experiments, collecting data, and analyzing results
- Collaborate and communicate with internal teams to evaluate incoming custom molecular biology projects for feasibility.
- Occasionally participates in technical discussion with clients with proficiency
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or other related fields with 1-3 years of industrial experience in is preferred
- Strong background in molecular biology techniques including synthetic biology applications, gene synthesis, molecular cloning, enzymatic assays, PCR/qPCR, and NGS library preparation.
- Programming skills and capabilities in R/Python or equivalent languages are highly desired.
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Excellent documentation and communication skills. Proficient in writing and communicating in the English language.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. High attention to detail. Ability to identify problems and use a combination of knowledge, intuition, and experience to solve problems in a timely manner.
- Extraordinary attention to detail and experimental planning
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.