The Senior Manager of Synthetic Biology (SynBio) Sales, North America is responsible for delivering revenue and driving growth in North America for the SynBio product portfolio of Twist Bioscience. Will lead a team of Sales professionals to drive growth of new and existing business. (S)he is accountable for delivering accurate revenue forecasts throughout the fiscal year, enabling the executive team to monitor business performance and drive decision making. (S)he is required to maintain knowledge of competitor products and their commercial strategies, identifying and escalating their activities in a time-bound manner. (S)he is also accountable for providing customer feedback on Twist Bioscience products in addition to identifying unmet customer needs that will enable the development of new and innovative products.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Attain quarterly and annual revenue targets for SynBio products and services, established from annual bonus plans, driving individual performance and the results of their team.
- Develop and implement hiring and training plans serving the SynBio product portfolio.
- Develop and drive sales strategy and tactics towards year over year growth of the SynBio product portfolio.
- Deliver accurate and timely forecasts.
- Ensure appropriate and effective communication within the team and across functions.
- Develop, manage and maintain key relationships with new and existing customers at multiple organizational levels with the goal to grow strategic customer relations.
- Develop contingency and risk mitigation plans as necessary. Anticipate issues and proactively mitigate risks and roadblocks that may come up.
- Develop and execute supply agreements to support new and existing business.
- Work collaboratively with operations to minimize time to revenue.
- Maintain CRM database with up to date information.
- Represent the company at relevant trade shows, conferences, and events.
- Maintain and raise awareness of the competitive landscape, provide customer feedback, and introduce new product ideas to internal partners.
- Manage the North America SynBio sales team performance and achievement of goals, from sales targets to market intelligence.
- Support the ongoing growth and development of SynBio team members to ensure they are equipped with the tools and knowledge for Sales success.
- Travel ~50% domestically in US; limited international travel may be required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- Proven track record of delivering financial targets on a quarterly and annual basis.
- At least 7 years of selling experience in SynBio-focused products, in particular products for SynBio applications.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S) from four year College or university preferred in Biology or similar field.
- Knowledge of SynBio markets is essential.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of SynBio applications.
- Ability to see the big picture, set short/long term goals to the team that align to the overall company goals.
- A background in technical sales and support and/or product management is preferred.
- Application and experience in the use of CRMs (e.g., Salesforce.com) is a prerequisite.
- Demonstrated drive determination and self-motivation resulting in consistent achievement of financial results.
- Demonstrated scientific problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated technical depth in SynBio applications and workflows.
- Positive external and internal relationship management skills.
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively.
- Ability to manage and develop a sales team successfully; demonstrated ability to lead effectively by guiding, coaching and holding the team accountable to attaining results.
- Demonstrated effective team leadership in driving performance of peers and subordinates.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a start-up/ change-oriented environment.
- Proven as a strategic thinker, backed up by a track record of tactical execution.
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.