Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Manufacturing Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of project management, coordination, implementation and operational planning for production of Twist’s Custom Kit and OEM products that fall under the businesses of Twist Bioscience.
The position manages all communications to key internal and external stakeholders: customers, global sales & support, Twist customer service, Twist legal and the Operations technical group. To facilitate each project, areas of focus include, but not limited to: non-disclosure agreements, designs, customer quotes, master service agreements, purchase orders, statements of work, shipments and invoicing. Manufacturing Project Manager will help build sustainable scalable solutions to accommodate a variety of customer needs as reflected in the Custom Kit Product Portfolio.
- Respond directly or directs all incoming inquiries from customers and the global sales & support organizations to the appropriate subject matter experts in custom Operations; respond quickly and professionally with the information provided by the Operations team in response to all customer and internal inquiries; maintain records
- Work with Product Management and Operations Managers to manage project capacity to maximize customer satisfaction and achieve business goals; assess new requests based on opportunity size
- Coordinate and collate detailed input from customers and/or the global sales & support teams ensuring that the project data supports the needs of the customer and reflects the capabilities of the custom kit workflow.
- Work with Operations teams to collect costing for specific custom kit projects as part of quote preparation
- Work with Operations leads to prepare and distribute quotes for projects; maintain an up-to-date database of issued quotations
- Collect, collate and maintain easily accessible database of NDAs, quotes, project designs, orders and shipments
- Maintain (transparent) accessible list of WIP
- Work with development teams to recognize repeat order patterns and recommend transferring to a formal production process as needed.
- Act as main interface on behalf of the Operations team for systems (SAP, SFDC)
- Provide updates on project progress as agreed with certain customers.
- Manage communication between customers and the internal team providing order fulfillment details and deliverables
- General knowledge of custom Operations workflows.
- Participate in training the sales teams and support selling activities as appropriate.
- Support the creation of content collateral and product messaging to convey value proposition to target markets
- Provide and building infrastructure for customer facing documentation
- Participate and lead other “ad hoc” projects as required from time to time
- 5 + years of relevant work experience in the life sciences/operations or related field, with >2 years in a customer facing role
- Requires bachelor’s or higher in Biology, Chemistry or related life science field.
- PMP experience preferred
- Experience with OEM, Custom programs, or NPIs in Operations Manufacturing preferred
- Customer communication from inquiry to delivery of services
- Understanding of services offering and customer workflows that the services offerings address
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams, and to work effectively with customers, internal operations and sales teams
- Demonstrated track record of managing projects that meet customer expectations
- Outstanding leadership, teamwork, and communication skills
- Hands on, high energy, positive attitude with a can do attitude that gets it done
- Hands on laboratory experience a bonus.
- This is not an IT related role
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.