Twist Bioscience is looking for an Internal Communications Specialist, who will be working on internal communications content that is delivered within an organization. Reporting to the Sr VP, Corporate Affairs and working closely with the Human Resources team, the Internal Communications Specialist will write, edit, review and oversee the release of internal communication documents and programs that support the organization. In this role you will support internal efforts including the intranet, organizational communication, slide creation, and support the internal company magazine creation. You will work to ensure a consistent “voice” permeates the messaging to employees and stakeholders, leveraging opportunities to create cohesive and inspiring content. Keep a pulse on the employee base to ensure that communication is disseminated throughout the organization in an approachable way. You will coordinate internal communication efforts with Sr VP, Corporate Affairs to align with external communications (i.e., marketing communications, investor relations).
- Manage internal communications output.
- Assist in managing the company intranet
- Prepare strategic internal communication plans for the company.
- Execute steps within a certain time frame.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to publish timely company information, such as memos and company directives.
- Ensure communication strategy is consistent and reflects the organization’s strategic vision.
- Measure and present results of communication efforts.
- Adjust communication plan as needed.
- Suggest what information should be presented to employees.
- Set timing of release to coordinate with company events or initiatives.
- Support ideas with research and experience.
- Refine core messaging to ensure organizational consistency in all aspects of communication including development, organizing and education.
- Ensure consistent framing of messages.
- Publish videos and photography on company website, intranet and blogs.
- Edit and revise content as necessary.
- Ensure workers are engaged in company initiatives.
- Edit, design, and print internal publications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in employee or internal communications
- Passion for strengthening corporate culture and building community
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using MS suite, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Superior organizational and project management skills with a high attention to detail
- Plus if had experience working within a life sciences company
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.