Who we are
Twist Bioscience is a synthetic biology company based in South San Francisco, California. The company has developed a proprietary silicon-based manufacturing process for the production of synthetic DNA. Twist Bioscience serves Life Science researchers who are changing the world for the better. Coming from diverse fields of medicine, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, scientists use our synthetic genes, oligo pools, and NGS target enrichment to better lives and improve the sustainability of the planet. Twist Bioscience is uniquely positioned to help accelerate these efforts by providing precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable. Our technology overcomes inefficiencies and enables cost-effective, rapid, precise, high-throughput DNA synthesis and sequencing. We offer both the quality and quantity researchers need now to rapidly realize opportunities ahead.
The Tel-Aviv branch is responsible for developing all software revolving managing business processes and order intake, including our own DNA ordering eCommerce platform and public API. Twist Tel Aviv is looking for a Front End Engineer, to join our applications team.
As a part of the Front-End team, you will take part in the development of our eCommerce platform - full stack responsibility. Our eCommerce platform is a Web App that allows our customers and sales people to design, purchase and customize DNA products. It is a React/Redux application served from s3 behind CloudFront. All of our styling is handmade and managed with emotion (with some Sass from earlier days). Our Back-End is built with Ruby on Rails, backed by MongoDB, and manages background jobs with Sidekiq.
We are expanding our Tel Aviv team and looking for a Senior Frontend Developer who can learn fast, has experience with web technologies and is a creative out-of-the-box thinker.
- Take part in developing the architectural and development for a business-critical tool
- Provide technical solution for developers within and outside of your team
- Work with analysts from different departments to help them drive business decisions based on data
- Work on infrastructure to provide this data
- Work hand in hand with the DevOps team in order to improve development processes
What you need is
- 5-8 years of experience in developing Web Applications
- Ability to lead an agile based feature development, design new projects, and work with stakeholders, both in the Tel-Aviv and SF
- Thorough understanding of software development methodologies and principles
- Vast experience in Frontend frameworks such as React
- and fundamental web technologies
- Knowledge in Backend Frameworks (Ruby on Rails / Python / NodeJS/) - an advantage
- A good understanding of DevOps procedures and tools (K8s, AWS)
- Full proficiency in English
*The position applies both to men as to women