Twist Bioscience is currently seeking a principal semiconductor engineer to support the development of novel CMOS-based chips for massively parallel DNA synthesis and sequencing. The chips will form the cornerstone of Twist’s disruptive DNA-based technology for storing and retrieving digital information.
The successful candidate will be a part of Twist’s silicon engineering team and will play a leading role in the development of the CMOS / surface micro-machined chips. This is a hybrid position where the successful candidate is expected to have hands-on experience with a variety silicon-based process technologies as well as the requisite design experience to layout and manage the post-production processing of CMOS chips.
The candidate’s primary responsibility will be to manage semiconductor foundries as they develop critical process modules and integrate those steps into a full process flow. The candidate will also be responsible for the development of post-foundry process steps that will be needed to condition the chips both prior to and after DNA processing. The candidate will be expected to work at a senior management level in addition to being hands on as an individual contributor.
- Own the specification and development of CMOS chips, managing the outsourced design team and interface to a CMOS foundry
- Manage the design and post-processing of CMOS chips at a silicon foundry, producing hybrid bio-application specific integrated circuits
- Develop strategy and roadmap for future CMOS chip generations
- Develop in-house back-end processing for outsourced chips including cleaning, CVD and packaging
- M.S. or Ph.D. in engineering, physics, or chemistry
- Minimum of 15 years semiconductor industry experience
- Strong background in silicon-based semiconductor process development
- Expertise in advanced CMOS technology including direct foundry experience on 14, 10 and 7 nm nodes
- Strong background in semiconductor grade microanalysis techniques such as HRTEM, SIMS, and XPS
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve technical goals
- Hands-on experience with chemical vapor deposition and vacuum processing equipment
- Device layout experience and familiarity with standard CAD tools
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.