We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic individuals to join our Biopharma Team in South San Francisco. The Manufacturing Associate will perform basic antibody production workflows in a highly automated, high-throughput manner and will be responsible for the manufacture and analysis of custom protein products across Twist Bioscience’s proprietary process workflow to meet the Twist production forecast and timelines. The ideal candidate will be driven and will do what it takes to keep manufacturing on track in a fast paced start-up environment. The Manufacturing Associate will be responsible for the production of custom protein-based products and/or various intermediates according to established SOPs and complete manufacturing batch records to contribute to the daily production schedule.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manufacture high quality, protein-based products in a high throughput MFG lab according to established SOPs.
- Operation of robotic laboratory equipment and traditional lab equipment (automated liquid handlers, pipettes, bioanalyzers, centrifuges)
- Daily use of traditional molecular biology processes and techniques especially sterile cell-culture, antibody quantitation, purification, and handling, DNA extraction, quantitation and handling
- Maintaining thorough, accurate and detailed documentation of all work produced in batch records, databases or other acceptable formats including problems and deviations
- Updating and writing work instructions and documentation
- Ability to work independently and in a safe manner
- Attention to details for process consistency
- Documentation, troubleshooting and addressing process deviations
- Packaging products
- Daily completion of assigned tasks to keep MFG on track
What You'll Bring to the Team
- 0-2 year of relevant lab experience and/or Bachelor or Associates degree in biology, chemistry, biochemistry but will consider candidates with relevant laboratory experience. Experience with basic lab techniques: molecular cloning, and DNA sequencing
- Familiarity with or prior experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Ability to follow work instructions and SOPs to complete Manufacturing goals
- Work cross functionally within the department, and as a team player.
Required for All Levels:
- Some experience with basic molecular biology techniques
- Some lab experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Be able to follow protocols and detail oriented
- Good computer skills and comfort in using computers for all aspects of MFG,
- Experience with excel and word, Jira/Confluence, web based or similar programs
Typical Working Conditions are:
- Team based laboratory environment.
- Working in controlled laboratory environment
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to work outside of regular work hours/ work a flexible shift as needed
Shift Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 hour shift day shift.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.