We’re seeking a Business Development executive in biotech or pharma to play a leadership role in developing and executing our business strategy in the commercialization of Twist antibody Drug discovery capabilities and expanding our growth and value creation opportunities including partnerships, alliances, out-licensing deals and other collaborations. In this role the candidate will lead business development efforts for Twist BioPharma. This role will report to the Chief Commercial Officer and work in close partnership with the CSO of Twist Biopharma. The candidate will play a key role in strategic planning, sourcing, evaluating, structuring and negotiating deals for the company.
- Partner with Chief Commercial Officer & CSO, BioPharma on the development and implementation of a value creation business development strategy to commercialize Twist Biopharma assets through out-licensing and potential joint venture activities.
- Provide strategic input to the company’s pipeline and business development activities and effectively convey recommendations to senior management, leading internal and external discussions with key stakeholders.
- Provide input and execute on company’s long-term planning and establish prioritization across a range of existing value assets including discovery and therapeutic areas, technology asset, and portfolio strategies.
- Lead business development efforts and execution in the identification, diligence, evaluation and development of partnership, and IP licensing
- Structure, negotiate, and close significant and complex deals in line with the company’s business development
- Articulate and communicate the vision for the business to potential pharma and biotech partners, investors, customers, business partners, employees, and the scientific
Background and Qualifications:
- 10+ years of relevant biotech/pharma industry experience preferably in a corporate strategy or business development role and with a strong background in science MD or PhD preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of negotiating and closing a wide range of business agreements including partnership, joint ventures, licensing agreements, co-promotions, strategic alliances and other types of corporate (Provide Deal Sheet)
- Understand the antibody drug development landscape
- Strong business and financial acumen with the ability to evaluate deals
- Strong leadership qualities including strategic thinking, innovation, mentoring, scaling, and collaboration.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and building strong working relationships with R&D team to ensure efficient and effective achievement of key
- Robust understanding of the discovery and therapeutics lifecycle
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action
- High level of work intensity and ethics, which fits the company’s goals and high energy level culture
- An approach that is hands-on, positive, results-orientated, and success-driven.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.