As a Scientist in the Process Development group, you will use your skills in molecular biology to interface between R&D and Operations to establish new processes at scale for DNA-based products in manufacturing. You will work with Automation Engineers to implement new processes. You will collaborate with the QC team to identify key control points and qualify all new methods. You will own the transfer of manufacturing processes to production groups and manufacturing process improvements. You will report to the Sr. Manager, Process Development and will work cross-functionally with other teams to develop, verify and validate all new processes in this lab based position.
- Collaborate with R&D to gain thorough understanding of new products and transform knowledge into production processes and methods for product production and reagent kit manufacturing under ISO 9001 and ISO 13485
- Define product specifications, processing parameters, and operational boundaries
- Independently design experimental plans, perform studies, and analyze large data sets to ensure processes and resulting products meet product specifications and regulatory requirements
- Work cross-functionally to write and execute V&V plans and evaluate results
- Write technical documents including work instructions, batch records, SOP’s and training documents for manufacturing operators
- Train manufacturing operators
- Develop and maintain project timelines and provide updates and feedback to project leadership
- Learn current product production workflows and provide support/troubleshoot as needed
- Rapidly re-prioritize work as needed
- Collaborate with Automation team to develop and optimize methods at scale
- Collaborate with QC team to evaluate new processes and methods at scale
- Own all aspects of tech transfer for new products including post-release QA
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Bioengineering, or related field
- 2+ years industrial experience in biotechnology product development and/or technical transfer
- Thrives in fast paced work environment
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Highly motivated and strong work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to launch products in a biotechnology or life sciences company
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Experience with automation platforms such as Hamilton/Biomek/Tecan or Echo is a plus
- Background in molecular biology techniques including PCR, DNA purification (column and bead based), DNA quantification (absorbance and fluorescence), DNA assembly (Gibson, Golden Gate, Restriction Enzyme), and molecular cloning.
- Experience with Tableau, Spotfire, or JMP
- Experience with LIMS
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.