The Manager, Accounting ensures the timely and accurate delivery of accounting transactions (Journal entries, General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, Inventory, Revenue Reconciliation, Cash Flows, etc.) and financial statements in compliance with US GAAP policies and procedures.
In addition, you will be heavily involved in the design and implementation of accounting policies, operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards, SOX compliance and improve efficiency.
The Manager, Accounting will be involved for the organizational design and implementation of the accounting department, with recruiting, developing, and motivating a financial team of three to five individuals.
The Manager, Accounting will be the lead or co-lead for annual audits and special accounting projects, and will work with external consultants or auditors to provide required information and ensure proper record keeping for historical purposes.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Leading financial closing activities (including foreign entities), with consolidation, balance sheet reconciliations, and monthly financial analytics.
- Ensuring accurate and timely transaction processing and accounting for accounts payable, expense reporting, accounts receivable, cash and banking, payroll, fixed assets, sales commissions, general accounting transactions, and tax compliance and tax returns.
- Lead a team of Accounting professionals and ensure their performance meets the expectations and contributes towards the department overall goals and objectives.
- Managing revenue recognition policies are understood and followed within the finance organization and throughout the company.
- Preparing monthly financial statements, trend and account analysis for internal distribution. Assist finance leadership in preparation of presentations to Audit and Finance Committees.
- Providing a hands-on approach to the day-to-day leadership and operation of the accounting team.
- Ensuring accurate stock-based compensation accounting and reporting.
- Maintaining strong business controls and supporting SOX compliance activities.
- Establishing appropriate controls and processes around financial transactions and processes.
- Developing and implementing process improvement projects for the department.
- Managing external audits and various accounting consultants.
- Preparing technical accounting memos when needed.
- Assisting in developing and maintaining the Company's accounting policies.
What You'll Bring to the Team
- BA or BS degree in finance/economics/accounting; CPA required.
- SAP expertise.
- Six to eight-year track record of successful operational accounting experience, including two to four years of supervisory experience, at a publicly traded company or at a recognized accounting firm.
- Demonstrated success developing and implementing internal controls; must have passion for process improvement and streamlining.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports as well as possess a strong knowledge of GAAP, SEC reporting requirements and internal control concepts.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to prepare and support effective presentations of financial results and/or analytical findings.
- ERP/Salesforce knowledge is a plus.
- Master's degree preferred, not required.
- Industry experience: Bioscience, pharmaceutical or laboratory services
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.