This Associate Account Manager is responsible for successfully positioning and selling company products professionally and creatively in a given geographical region. The job involves a significant knowledge in lead generation through Campaigns and events through expert level workflow experience. The other key responsibility is engaging and qualifying new and existing customers by positioning Twist’s products in order to provide solutions to their projects and business needs. This is accomplished by partnering closely with other internal and field-based members of the sales team that are in pursuit of common sales goals. The role is exciting and challenging as you have the opportunity to work with top academic institutions, research centers, and business organizations around the world utilizing your knowledge and experience.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Establish and execute on strategies for obtaining new customers and maintain/grow existing customer accounts in order to meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Effectively sell the total Synthetic Biology Twist product portfolio and end-to-end solution, including but not limited to: Variant Libraries and BioPharma.
- Make outbound contact to existing and prospective customers to identify sales opportunities
- Take an analytical approach towards executing optimal solutions for an issue or opportunity
- Present versatile and unique solutions during customer negotiations in order to establish mutually beneficial circumstances for the customer and Twist.
- Work effectively in a team environment to drive and create revenue opportunities
- Manage customer relationships post-sale, including a strategy to develop long term business relationships.
- Approach tasks with a strong sense of urgency, while ensuring an effective execution of the planning, and manage priorities.
What You'll Bring to the Team
- Strong Molecular Biology and Genetics foundation to allow for a better understanding of the broad variation of customer applications in order to uncover sales potential.
- Experience with strategic sales skills with proven ability to develop and grow key accounts is preferred.
- Able to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- Expert Level Zoom Experience- Must have/mandatory qualification
- Able to conduct presentations effectively, professionally and comfortably to customers/peers/management.
- Preferred knowledge of NGS or Synthetic Biology methods.
- Self-motivated to continue learning beyond initial onboarding within the role.
- Able to effectively collaborate within a team selling environment and a willingness to provide and seek feedback from teammates.
- Ability to work well as an individual contributor and a team player.
- Must have strong attention to detail, planning and execution to meet departmental goals as assigned.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong desire to “win” and build customer relationships. Approach tasks with a strong sense of urgency
- Experience with planning, and managing priorities effectively.
- Able to learn, change, and gain from each experience to become more effective in subsequent sales scenarios
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of experience in a Life Science laboratory, Sales role, or a related field with customer-facing experience
- Must have a B.A. or B.S., preferably in Biology / Genetics
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.