Twist is a fast growing company that is disrupting the synthetic biology market. Our innovative technology requires infrastructure that can both support and enable this rapid growth. The IT Infrastructure Architect will architect, design and implement infrastructure technologies that will be critical in providing the technology platform Twist needs to scale its business.
Twist’s rapid growth has also meant geographical expansion and this role will play a critical role in designing and implementing the technology infrastructure of any new Twist manufacturing plants or offices. This will be a hands-on role and is suited to an IT Infrastructure Architect who enjoys both designing and implementing technology solutions that meet the needs of the business, and enjoys diving into the details of complex cross-technology support issues. This role will involve both new technology implementations and managing the support of the current infrastructure via a support vendor.
The IT Infrastructure Architect will have deep and broad knowledge of networking, virtualization, server, storage and operating system technologies, both on-premise as well as in the AWS cloud. The IT Infrastructure Architect will also be responsible for infrastructure security and compliance, and will liaise closely with the IT security team to ensure a compliant and secure infrastructure environment. Twist is ISO 27001 certified and the successful candidate will understand what that entails.
Twist is a rapidly growing company in a fast evolving industry; human kind is only just beginning to understand what can be done with synthetic DNA. The infrastructure needs at Twist will also rapidly evolve and expand, and this role will be uniquely positioned to shape the future state of the infrastructure environment.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment, and infrastructure architecture is in your DNA, then Twist is the place for you.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop a strategy and roadmap for Twist’s global Infrastructure, both on-premise and Cloud.
- Run and manage the infrastructure projects that are proposed as a part of the infrastructure roadmap. Partner with infrastructure technology vendors and the infrastructure support vendor to implement new technologies.
- Drive a multi-year infrastructure roadmap while supporting the current footprint.
- Provide leadership and expertise in the evaluation, design and implementation of infrastructure technologies
- Work with and direct the infrastructure maintenance vendor for the support and implementation of on-premise infrastructure
- Collaborate with the DevOps team in implementing and supporting AWS infrastructure frameworks and tools that supports Twist’s cloud-hosted systems (VPC-based), and drive extensive automation of the AWS CI/CD environment used by the software engineering teams.
- Work with vendors to implement new infrastructure solutions
- Own the LAN/WAN network and provide design expertise
- Ensure the availability of Twist’s infrastructure meets SLA requirements
- Collaborate with the IT security team to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Twist’s infrastructure.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of IT infrastructure experience with at least one year as an architect
- Expertise across a broad range of server, virtualization, networking, storage and Operating System technologies.
- Experience in designing, deploying and supporting VMware enterprise virtual environments
- Experience in designing and deploying foundational components for AWS cloud services
- Knowledge of a broad range of AWS infrastructure services and in particular AWS networking services (VPC, PrivateLink, CloudFront, API Gateway, Cloud Map, IAM, Elastic Load Balancing)
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or virtualized environment (vSphere, VMWare)
- Experience managing data center operations, including monitoring, alerting, and incident management
- AD/Azure AD expertise
- Storage technologies such as NetApp and PureStorage
- Proven experience in architecting and implementing highly available infrastructure
- Backup and Disaster Recovery experience
- Experience leading large and complex solution delivery programs/projects
- Ability to effectively present and explain information to various groups at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills including both written and verbal
- Ability to handle complexity and ambiguity, and provide structure to complex problems with fast changing priorities
- Ability to work in a team and independently. Must be a self-starter.
- Biotech or pharma industry experience a plus
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.