Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, make everyday chemicals by using the atmosphere as the carbon source, enable plants to make their own fertilizers, and to create in-vivo diagnostics that alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
We need a passionate, highly skilled, and strong team player to secure production supply from our production material suppliers. The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This position will be responsible for purchasing and planning a large group of production materials as well as promptly resolving delivery and payment issues.
The Buyer will:
- Partner with the Operations and Warehouse groups to manage a wide variety of production materials.
- Identify and mitigate supply risks.
- Lead resolution of supplier performance issues.
- Support related procurement activities as assigned by the Director of Supply Chain.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assure the highest level of material availability to production while responsibly managing cash flow.
- Actively managing supplier delivery and service performance.
- Negotiate optimal terms with suppliers (price, delivery, and payment terms). Demand the best overall value.
- Clearly communicate requirements to suppliers, both verbally and in writing.
- Deliver a high level of customer service within the company.
- Manage orders and delivery schedules to optimize the balance between availability and inventory value.
- Compliance to procurement policies & procedures.
- Strong capability to manage MRP for all assigned materials.
- Able to manage a wide variety of tasks, maintain and communicate task status to stakeholders. Proactive follow-up to ensure on-time completion of deliverables.
- Supplier management
- Able to set high expectations and actively manage suppliers to deliver to a high-performance level. High level of attention to detail.
- Problem Solving
- Ability to quickly analyze problems, investigate and determine solutions.
- Pricing negotiations
- Able to negotiate in a demanding yet professional manner. Establish best practice terms.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience managing MRP for a large group of materials across a variety of product categories, preferably including reagents and plastic consumables.
- 2 years of purchasing experience in technology-driven manufacturing companies where the expected skill set above was used extensively.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.