The Financial Systems Analyst leads the development, implementation and administration of the company’s financial systems. In this role you will assess and research financial record-keeping and reporting requirements and ensure that systems are leveraged or modified to meet these requirements. The Financial Systems Analyst will be a solid team player with a profound ability and interest in bridging finance team’s needs and knowledge-gaps related to systems and translate these into actionable requirements. Interaction and collaboration with the IT group are critical success factors for this role. This is a new position within the recently created Finance PMO function.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Overseeing the application administration of SAP G/L system and ensuring the integrity of the financial data across all systems.
- Performs a variety of application administration and maintenance tasks to support application operations troubleshooting, inspects and resolves system problems quickly and efficiently.
- Prepare and/or design key reports and validate report output for distribution to various user groups in the organization
- Be the SAP Power User go-to person for the finance organization.
- Champion the SAP Power User for Financial System Implementation Initiatives.
- Perform month end close activities associated with the accounting close and related to the SAP environment (General Ledger, Fixed assets, AP, AR, etc.).
- Maintain the financial close schedule of systems activities.
- Key liaison with Accounting and FP&A staff and Information Technology Teams. Consults with users in business areas to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, input and output requirements.
- Act as the SAP expert in Financial Statement Generators and Standard Report Request Set build.
- Ensure all new hires in finance are trained on the key financial systems and reporting tools.
- Assist FP&A with the management of Tableau and Empower including maintenance of business rules, forms and dashboards.
- Ensure all system-generated reports conform with GAAP requirements.
- Develop new streamlined processes for Accounting and FP&A Teams.
- Ensure that all SOX required documentation is complete and current.
- Ensure that systems enabled SOX controls are implemented and effective.
- Work with business users to ensure that reporting for compensating system controls are in place and reviewed on the defined schedule.
- Own the definition and execution of user acceptance testing for Accounting and FP&A in support of SOX.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in project management / process improvement roles with emphasis on the finance and financial systems
- Technology savvy with ample knowledge of financial systems (SAP Super User, Empower, Tableau)
- Expert analytical skills and the ability to synthesize change quickly using advanced subject and process knowledge.
- Public company experience
- Project Management certification
- BS/BA in accounting and/or information systems.
- Experience with Kaizen events, PPM
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-starter and willingness to roll-up the sleeves.
- Ability to work in dynamic, fast growing environment.
- Knowledgeable of MS Office tools (Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
Preferred Qualifications & Attributes
- Master’s degree
- Natural curiosity and passion to drive change; resilience
- Lean Six Sigma experience; Green Belt certification
- Bioscience industry experience
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.