We are looking for an outstanding Senior Scientist to join our R&D team. The scientist will support R&D efforts in developing custom DNA-based applications and assays for developing nucleic acid products and technologies. The ideal candidate will be driven and willing to learn new techniques. This position will design and perform experiments, collect and analyze data for the development of NGS products and applications. The ideal candidate will be familiar with developing and optimizing commercial kits and/or kit components including formulation and protocols. This position will interact closely with bioinformaticians on data analysis and other key groups across the Twist organization.
- Execute projects for the development of new NGS products from concept phase to commercial launch.
- Lead projects internal and externally. Represent R&D Product Development at interdisciplinary company meetings.
- Work with and guide research associates to develop new product innovation by designing and executing experiments, collecting data, and analyzing results.
- Support product launches through the generation of customer facing collateral including application notes, white papers and conference presentations and posters.
- PhD with 5+ years post-graduate experience or Master’s degree with 10+ years in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Genomics, Chemistry or closely-related field. Industrial experience at a biotech company is highly desirable.
- Must have a strong background in developing molecular biology methods and workflows.
- Experience developing products for commercial launchh
- Molecular biology techniques including DNA purification, DNA quantification, PCR/qPCR/dPCR, and molecular cloning.
- Deep understanding with Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) platforms and technologies and hands-on experience with various NGS library preparation method and sequencing applications (WGS, WES, single-cell sequencing, etc)
- Understanding with bioinformatics and bioinformatics tools such as genome alignment, mapping, variant calling and annotation and able to perform basic analysis and communicate needs with bioinformatician.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills. Respectful and open to others’ views; contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- High attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Coding skills in R, Python or equivalent languages.
- A strong understanding of DNA based products for Synthetic Biology, Genomics, NGS Target Enrichment or in vitro Diagnostic applications.
- Knowledge in in vitro Diagnostics (IVD) and Lab-Developed Test (LDT) product development
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.