Reporting to the Director of Sales - AMERICAS, the Area Manager - LATAM is responsible for delivering revenue and driving growth in LATAM for the Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) & Synthetic Biology (SynBio) product portfolio of Twist Bioscience. In this role, you will establish and manage the sale of Twist’s products (SynBio & NGS) through distributors & direct customers within the LATAM region. (S)he is accountable for delivering accurate revenue forecasts throughout the fiscal year, enabling the executive team to monitor business performance and drive decision making. (S)he is required to maintain knowledge of competitor products and their commercial strategies, identifying and escalating their activities in a time-bound manner. (S)he is also accountable for providing customer feedback on Twist Bioscience products in addition to identifying unmet customer needs that will enable the development of new and innovative products.
You will develop and grow Twist’s distributor sales in line with the company’s objectives.
What You'll Be Doing
- Manage the LATAM distributors & customers for consistent performance and achievement and over achievement of goals, from sales revenue targets to market intelligence.
- Develop sales strategy and tactics for driving the growth of the Twist Bioscience product portfolio in LATAM and help distributors execute on tactics.
- Prioritize and determine market entry strategies for new regions and for Twist Bioscience product portfolios into existing regions.
- Develop & work with distributors to enhance customer experience by developing account specific strategies to sell the full Twist product line.
- Actively participate in QBRs with continual follow on key revues factors that drive the right results which hold the sales team accountable.
- Develop and implement hiring plans for distributors.
- Work with internal partners to develop a plan to support the onboarding & ongoing growth and development of distributors to ensure they are equipped with the tools and knowledge for sales success.
- Develop & manage key relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL), distributors as well as with new and existing customers at multiple organizational levels.
- Maintain and raise awareness of the competitive landscape, provide distributor & customer feedback, and introduce new product ideas to internal partners.
- Develop contingency and risk mitigation plans as necessary.
- Work with the Director to develop and execute supply agreements to support new and existing business.
- Manage direct sales when appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with operations to minimize time to revenue delay and loss
- In sure distributors and Area Manager maintain CRM databases with up to date information as well as ensure direct reports are also maintaining the CRM database.
- Represent the company at relevant trade shows , conferences, and events in support of distributors.
- Travel ~50% domestically in US & internationally to Latin America.
- Additional duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring to the Team
- Proven track record of delivering financial targets via distributors on quarterly and annual basis
- 6+ years managing distribution in LATAM.
- 10+ years of field sales experience in the biotechnology industry
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S) from four year College or university in Biology or similar field.
- Fluent in English, and either Spanish or Portuguese. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences/cultures.
- Presentation skills, able to deliver the right message and adaptable to the type of audience effectively.
- Skilled negotiator, able to influence and obtain cooperation from peers, business partners including senior management.
- Knowledge of both SynBio and NGS markets & applications
- Knowledge of SFDC
- Located within the United States of America
- Proven history of coaching and mentoring diverse group of distributors and customer to success both from a quota perspective and personal development
- Excellent communicator with the ability to motivate distributors and effectively engage with customers. Deliver clear verbal/written communication in a constructive and effective manner to a diverse audience.
- Demonstrated effective leadership in driving performance of distributors
- Highly motivated self-starter, with the ability to think innovatively and work independently.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated technical acumen to consult with distributors & customers on technology solutions
- Proven experience conducting market analysis and identifying new territories.
- Ability to work with people across different cultures and nationalities.
- Positive external and internal relationship management skills.
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a start-up/ change oriented environment.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.